Sunday Weigh In (12/13/2015)

LW BMI: 33.8
TW BMI: 33.1

In onederland, barely. Nothing to celebrate for me as I always disowned any pounds above that. Except for the surgeon, I have refused to get on a scale so there is no medical record of me ever weighing out of the ones, nor had I ever gotten on the scale at home when I knew my weight was high. (I think the highest medical record weight on me is 149.) Ah, denial.

I'm still regurgitating dense protein no matter how finely it is cut up. Tried an ounce of minced chicken at noon yesterday. It sat in my stomach like lead and I was unable to eat the rest of the day and could swallow less than a cup of water. I finally made myself vomit 8 hours later -- and the chicken was still there -- just so I could get in fluids. A small amount of hamburger, chopped up while cooking until it is filaments, seems to stay down OK. Or I should say it did, as something that stays down today doesn't necessarily stay down tomorrow. I continue to be frustrated at this as the others who have gone to my surgeon were able to eat fairly normally very early on. I've contacted my surgeon to see if my reaction is normal but have not heard back as yet.

I'm still going to congratulate you for getting to onederland, because that's still a win, whether you acknowledge it or not! LOL Congratulations!
Still concerned about you and your inability to eat any dense protein. Looks like plenty of ground beef is in order right now. That can get really old, I know, but it's a protein source and fortunately you CAN do a lot with it. But still... ugh. I'm hoping that a bit more time will take this issue from you.

LW: 243
TW: 241

Another good week for weight loss although I messed up a bit and didn't get enough protein on 1 or 2 days, and I missed bedtime vites a couple of days. I'm working to correct those problems going forward - I know those things are VITAL. I also had one day that was a total carbfest ... that's a rare thing for me (usually it's under 30/day) but I messed up. And oh, most of the edema that I had cleared up in time for my appointment with the NP. Isn't that always how it goes? *eye roll* I'm only a tiny bit puffy now. Still having some very tiny tummy days so it can be hard to get in all of the protein but then I have days where I make up for it, so my averages look really good. Trying to keep everything going here and still learning and making a few mistakes but I think I'm generally headed in the right direction.

Two weeks ago 127
TW 126

Lost my appetite somewhere! So unlike me! :thumbsdown:

Have a great week!
Sorry you lost your appetite. At least keep your protein levels up. But good going on the lb.

LW: 243
TW: 241

Another good week for weight loss although I messed up a bit and didn't get enough protein on 1 or 2 days, and I missed bedtime vites a couple of days. I'm working to correct those problems going forward - I know those things are VITAL. I also had one day that was a total carbfest ... that's a rare thing for me (usually it's under 30/day) but I messed up. And oh, most of the edema that I had cleared up in time for my appointment with the NP. Isn't that always how it goes? *eye roll* I'm only a tiny bit puffy now. Still having some very tiny tummy days so it can be hard to get in all of the protein but then I have days where I make up for it, so my averages look really good. Trying to keep everything going here and still learning and making a few mistakes but I think I'm generally headed in the right direction.

Doing good.

Okay, while missing vitamins here and there is understandable, try to keep it from happening. Altho honestly there was a couple of stretches in my journey when vitamins didn't happen. I told myself I was playing Russian Roulette with my health and now I do better. IF you can get it ingrained as a habit, it helps.

last Month 212
today's weight - 206.6
Was a little scared about weighing - was concerned I would not have lost - shit.
THEN got all crazy in my head about 5.5 pounds not being enough in a month - shit - shit

I do not want to give that damn scale all that power. I had the talk with myself that in 6 months I have lost 90 pounds - 90 f'ing pounds. that is a freakin miracle.
Have struggled the last couple days with wanting to eat the world. Lay-offs at work, and I had to fire someone for non-performace. Yep 2 weeks before christmas. shit shit shit. so, trying to be ok with this step in the journey.

I'm still going to congratulate you for getting to onederland, because that's still a win, whether you acknowledge it or not! LOL Congratulations!
Still concerned about you and your inability to eat any dense protein. Looks like plenty of ground beef is in order right now. That can get really old, I know, but it's a protein source and fortunately you CAN do a lot with it. But still... ugh. I'm hoping that a bit more time will take this issue from you.
ground beef is extremely dense protein to me and I couldn't really do a hamburger until a good year out....sat like a lead balloon.

ground beef is extremely dense protein to me and I couldn't really do a hamburger until a good year out....sat like a lead balloon.

...and then there's me. I can eat anything and some days it seems like I'm eating ALL the time. Other days, however, it's difficult to even imagine being hungry. I hope that evens out eventually. I prefer the tiny tummy days but they do present a real problem with getting in enough protein. The struggle is real :D

...and then there's me. I can eat anything and some days it seems like I'm eating ALL the time. Other days, however, it's difficult to even imagine being hungry. I hope that evens out eventually. I prefer the tiny tummy days but they do present a real problem with getting in enough protein. The struggle is real :D
I can eat pretty much anything now and I am always hungry...much more than before surgery. I simply couldn't eat many foods early on and hamburger was one of the worst for me...but glad you can!

last Month 212
today's weight - 206.6
Was a little scared about weighing - was concerned I would not have lost - shit.
THEN got all crazy in my head about 5.5 pounds not being enough in a month - shit - shit

I do not want to give that damn scale all that power. I had the talk with myself that in 6 months I have lost 90 pounds - 90 f'ing pounds. that is a freakin miracle.
Have struggled the last couple days with wanting to eat the world. Lay-offs at work, and I had to fire someone for non-performace. Yep 2 weeks before christmas. shit shit shit. so, trying to be ok with this step in the journey.
Glad you dropped but sorry for the stress at work. As hard as it is to be layed off, it's just as hard on the person having to do the lay off's unless they are just a cold hearted person.

And you are wise to remember that the scale is just a mechanical object.

As proof of YMMV and each of us being different, hamburger was one of my first dense proteins...I cooked a burger and it took 4 -6 meals to eat it but it sat easily...however, I DID add applesauce as my lube of choice. Took awhile before I could eat a hamburger without applesauce.

Glad you dropped but sorry for the stress at work. As hard as it is to be layed off, it's just as hard on the person having to do the lay off's unless they are just a cold hearted person.

And you are wise to remember that the scale is just a mechanical object.

As proof of YMMV and each of us being different, hamburger was one of my first dense proteins...I cooked a burger and it took 4 -6 meals to eat it but it sat easily...however, I DID add applesauce as my lube of choice. Took awhile before I could eat a hamburger without applesauce.

Applesauce does a number on me... LOL

Sorry I'm late this week - baking cookies all weekend (literally) and didn't go near the computer.

LW 268.8
TW 266.2

Have a good week everyone!

Last week 136
Today 135.5. I'm good as long as there is no gain...
That's good.

Sorry I'm late this week - baking cookies all weekend (literally) and didn't go near the computer.

LW 268.8
TW 266.2

Have a good week everyone!

Did good.
Applesauce does a number on me... LOL

Apples, especially partially cooked apples in a pie, are one of the few foods that doesn't sit well with my system.

See??? And while other fruits bother me, apples (raw, partially cooked or as applesauce) do not bother me at all. I know better than to eat them 95% of the time but there ARE times, I just gotta!

That's good.

Did good.

See??? And while other fruits bother me, apples (raw, partially cooked or as applesauce) do not bother me at all. I know better than to eat them 95% of the time but there ARE times, I just gotta!

I eat a lot of apples. We have 5 apple trees in our yard. I can pie filling, applesauce and apple juice every year. Good thing I do fine with them raw or cooked.

Latest posts

Back