Sunday Weigh in (12/11/2016)

LW - 203
TW - 200

Yes!!!! I made it to my new years goal three weeks early. And I'm 50% of the way to my goal. I'm 3.5 months from surgery. super excited. 50th birthday is Aug 8th, the goal is 135 by then.

NSV this week.

- Crossing my legs easily and able to do it all the time.
- Taking a long walk with my dad and being able to walk fast and not breathing heavy

LW - 203
TW - 200

Yes!!!! I made it to my new years goal three weeks early. And I'm 50% of the way to my goal. I'm 3.5 months from surgery. super excited. 50th birthday is Aug 8th, the goal is 135 by then.

NSV this week.

- Taking a long walk with my dad and being able to walk fast and not breathing heavy
Yeah!!!!

Still like the NSV's better.

LW/2weeks ago. 208
TW 207

No real exciting movement on the scale this week or last, holding pretty steady...which is actually amazing given the week I had.

We had another audit at work..and this one was the most stressful/important one I have ever been through. Slept for about 2 hours each night from nervousness and a racing mind. There was so much candy on the table, I imagine my pancreas needs a break - I've NEVER sucked on so many jolly ranchers in my life, pretty sure I have 4 new cavities just from the past week. And ugh, pizza for lunch multiple times . Blah- I just felt like crap

We spent a ton of time (hours upon hours) standing on our manufacturing floor staring through windows watching the aseptic process. That 12 hours of observation standing on hard floors made me really appreciate just how much the steroid injections in my hips had really helped me. I was sure that my one hip wasn't that much better, but after last week I coukd still walk, lifetime my legs up to put my carbs /jump suits on, and then sit back down all without tears. So very glad I decided to have the injections.

Effective Friday evening it was back on track for me. protein protein protein, only a bite here or there of candy/crap. Hopefully next week I see the difference diet, water and sleep make

Two weeks ago 127
TW 127

The good news is the feeling is coming back in my foot and leg more and more every week!!! Yay!

Cross post from Scott's thread:
Interesting note... My original surgeon called me last week to check on me. After a lengthy conversation, I finally asked him why he thought my hip dislocated. He said that while my small frame and the desire to keep my legs as close to the same lengths as possible was one factor, the bigger factor was the years of obesity had caused stretching of soft tissue which did not tighten back after the weight loss. Laxity around the joint does not hold things as tightly as desired and my time at the gym would not have helped much here. I had never considered the 'internal' saggy tissue to be any kind of issue!

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited:
Two weeks ago 127
TW 127

The good news is the feeling is coming back in my foot and leg more and more every week!!! Yay!

Interesting note... My original surgeon called me last week to check on me. After a lengthy conversation, I finally asked him why he thought my hip dislocated. He said that while my small frame and the desire to keep my legs as close to the same lengths as possible was one factor, the bigger factor was the years of obesity had caused stretching of soft tissue which did not tighten back after the weight loss. Laxity around the joint does not hold things as tightly as desired and my time at the gym would not have helped much here. I had never considered the 'internal' saggy skin to be any kind of issue!

Awesome that you have feeling in your foot and leg again! AND that you got some sort of potential answer. Glad to hear you're feeling so good

LW/2weeks ago. 208
TW 207

No real exciting movement on the scale this week or last, holding pretty steady...which is actually amazing given the week I had.

We had another audit at work..and this one was the most stressful/important one I have ever been through. Slept for about 2 hours each night from nervousness and a racing mind. There was so much candy on the table, I imagine my pancreas needs a break - I've NEVER sucked on so many jolly ranchers in my life, pretty sure I have 4 new cavities just from the past week. And ugh, pizza for lunch multiple times . Blah- I just felt like crap

We spent a ton of time (hours upon hours) standing on our manufacturing floor staring through windows watching the aseptic process. That 12 hours of observation standing on hard floors made me really appreciate just how much the steroid injections in my hips had really helped me. I was sure that my one hip wasn't that much better, but after last week I coukd still walk, lifetime my legs up to put my carbs /jump suits on, and then sit back down all without tears. So very glad I decided to have the injections.

Effective Friday evening it was back on track for me. protein protein protein, only a bite here or there of candy/crap. Hopefully next week I see the difference diet, water and sleep make
You are doing good on the weight. Not so good with stress, esp the lack of sleep.
Do your best to turn off your mind at night so you can sleep.
Two weeks ago 127
TW 127

Interesting note... My original surgeon called me last week to check on me. After a lengthy conversation, I finally asked him why he thought my hip dislocated. He said that while my small frame and the desire to keep my legs as close to the same lengths as possible was one factor, the bigger factor was the years of obesity had caused stretching of soft tissue which did not tighten back after the weight loss. Laxity around the joint does not hold things as tightly as desired and my time at the gym would not have helped much here. I had never considered the 'internal' saggy skin to be any kind of issue!

Yippee! Love that the feeling is returning. I've also never thought of internal saggy tissue.

Two weeks ago 127
TW 127

That's terrific news! The Disney trip was good medicine . I never thought of internal loosy-goosey stuff in joints but makes sense when you mention it.

LW/2weeks ago. 208
TW 207

You're doing great, you lost even with all those factors against you, never in a million years pre DS, huh? I hope things ease off at work for you. A girl needs her sleep!

LW - 203
TW - 200

NSV this week.

I knew that goal was very attainable for you. Congratulations! Crossing legs is so much fun, isn't it? Not fearing walks is pretty wonderful too and actually enjoying them is miraculous!

Last month: 225
This month: 227

Keeping it honest. One year surgiversary yesterday and was hoping to be a bit lower by now. Last 3 months have been rough (weight loss wise). It was so easy to lose weight the first nine, no matter what I ate, that I gave my DS a bit too much credit. Thinking of abdominiplasty next June so definitely have an immediate motivator to get back on the wagon. I get plenty of protein (150+ grams/day and my last albumin was 7.0), but I also, unfortunately, seem to have plenty of extra room for the sugars.

Happy Sunday to all. Pam, so glad you're improving all the time. Too bad there's no internal plastic surgery to tighten that crap up!

M

Latest posts

Back