Sunday Weigh In (11/01/2015)

I don't know what I was last week but today I am 133.

@southernlady congratulations on going the direction you want to be going. I was thinking about light weights after reading someones post. I know you were a light weight do you know what your CC length and your other measurements?

@DSRIGGS hopefully it won't be much longer before you will get to the weight that's best for you.

@Whit you are so not fat!. When you think that you need to go look at the "picture of whit in the box". I do understand how the mind plays tricks on us.

@BebeZed congratulations on your loss.

SW 355
LW 249
TW 247.5
Good going.
LW - 216
TW 216.2

Body taking a break this week and balancing out. I'm down with that.
Taking a break happens. I stair stepped my way down once I got past 3 months out.
LW: 126.5
TW: 127.5

I feel heavy. Rediculous but it's how I feel. I like how I look in clothing but is a tad tight. I'm trying not to freak out but in the back of my mind I think is this going to fail too? Am I going to be one who gains all of the weight back? I hold my breath and say a little prayer every time I get on the scale. I really think this is good weight for me but how do I stay here?

Sorry you are down Scott you sound in good spirits. Are you relocating?

Liz I have a bit of candy left over too. I'll bring it to work my co workers will finish it off in no time.

Happy Noche de Los Muertos my friends
Whitney
I totally get those fears, Whitney...watching the scale go back up from my lowest point has been weird to say the least. It could be water weight which makes me feel swollen and tight.

Just try to trust your surgery. It's hard when we have failed all the other ways to lose weight.

Noche de Los Muertos: had to look it up. Interesting that one year ago today was my daddy's memorial service so we were remembering him.
Thanks Whit and you are going to be fine. Put those fears away and trust in your DS.

I am 90% sure we will end up relocating, but I have not come to that point yet. There is a Director of Manufacturing job in Chicago if I want it, but not sure I do and another job in the South East is just starting to percolate. I would really like that opportunity based on what I know so far. Hopefully by the end of November I will have it settled out and I will start a new gig after the first of the year. I got a fairly good chunk of severance for a short period of time I was there (4 months) and our rainy day fund was pretty decent even though we spent a shit pot full of money on medical travel this year. I definitely need a break and some getting healthier time (on top of my gut issues I have possibly both rotator cuffs torn and it hurts like a sum beetch at times) so I am looking forward to a few months off. Definitely want to find a good opportunity soon so Dianna and I can take a much earned vacation...even if it is just a few days (she wants to save money, I don't care...we/she deserves a cruise or some other very nice beach vacation).

and regarding left over candy I have had a hershey bar, two baby ruth and one butter finger so far this morning....they are the minis not the full size. We will need to get rid of it soon or I will be eating quite a bit of it.
South East...interesting. Maybe closer to where I am and we could actually visit sometimes. :)
No candy here - we don't do candy because my son is very likely to develop diabetes (it runs heavily in his dad's family) and I have a nasty case of reactive hypoglycemia so we nixed candy long ago. We also don't have any kids in the area we live so I don't feel bad about denying the kiddies their treats.

LW: 255
TW: 253

I avoided the 3 week stall. Narrowly.
I can actually see a difference in me too. It's not much, but it IS something.
I've now lost 40lbs from my highest weight and 20 from my surgery weight :)
Good for you...you are also doing measurements as well (monthly), right???

For a few years before we moved to this area. I also didn't need to buy candy but when you have 4 gazillion (dh math, lol) show up between 5 and 8, you need candy in the house.
Last week: 152.8
This week: 155.2
Gain of 2.4 pounds

I have a lot of candy leftover even though, we had 487 trick-or-treaters last night. I will get rid of it this week. I need to stop this suspected "bounce back". I don't want to bounce out of my clothes.
Yeah, bounce back is one thing, bouncing right out of your clothes is another. Sounds like your area is also T or T heaven for kids, :) Hope you find a way to get rid of it.
LW: 295.8
TW: 290.3

Friday was 1 month from coming home from surgery. I came home at 324lb, so my 1-month weight loss was 34lb (20lb of that was easy hospital water weight).
My average protein this week is 83g (not doing any protein supplements), so of that I am proud!
Very good...and getting that much protein in already is AWESOME.

@southernlady congratulations on going the direction you want to be going. I was thinking about light weights after reading someones post. I know you were a light weight do you know what your CC length and your other measurements?

@DSRIGGS hopefully it won't be much longer before you will get to the weight that's best for you.

@Whit you are so not fat!. When you think that you need to go look at the "picture of whit in the box". I do understand how the mind plays tricks on us.

Not long ago, you were in the 150's so doing great on that front. How are you otherwise?

I know but without digging, I don't remember most of the measurements off the top of my head. The only one I know for sure is my common channel of 175.
LW 128
TW 128

@Whit I am so sharing your fears....but trying hard to remain calm and let my DS do its work.
Have a great week all!
Holding steady and in the face of Halloween...good work.

LW: 201
TW: 200

Hit 75 pounds down this week, and started running. Feeling good, plus I only ate one mini candy (Twix...my archnemesis) this Halloween, which was no easy feat. Hope everyone has a great week.:)

LW: 201
TW: 200

Hit 75 pounds down this week, and started running. Feeling good, plus I only ate one mini candy (Twix...my archnemesis) this Halloween, which was no easy feat. Hope everyone has a great week.:)
Oh you are SO close to Onederland...I expect to hear you yelling when you reach it!
I think we all have our archnemesis in the candy group.

Good for you...you are also doing measurements as well (monthly), right???

Well... I guess I'd neglected that little piece of business. I measured today and it was 4" off my waist, 3" off my bust, and 6" off my hips. I was all like LOLWUT :D My son noticed a difference last week when we went grocery shopping. When we were in the checkout lane, he moved the cart and himself past me without having to brush up against me. That was a first :D

@southernlady do you think with a smaller CC your diabetes would have resolved completely
I suspect not. Not all of us are gonna resolve and I had been officially diabetic since 1997 and probably had been diabetic since I was 30. I say that because I KNOW I had periperial neuropathy at age 30. I was only diagnosed in 1997 because my fasting glucose had finally gotten into diabetic range. In 1994, I had a Glucose Tolerance Test but was not diagnosed cause my fasting was all they looked at. NOT THE OTHER READINGS. My fasting was 75, my 2 hour postprandial was 250 (diabetic range but not important back then for diagnosis) and my 3 hour was 57. But the medical community did not catch up til 1997. So 1994 to 2011 with 1994 to 1997 as uncontrolled/undiagnosed.

Honestly I am lucky it is as low as it is...I don't take any meds for it and the DS way of eating, done properly, is ideal for a diabetic.

As I understand it, the reason diabetes in long-term diabetics sometimes doesn't resolve is because there has been too much damage to the pancreatic beta cells. Alternatively (or in addition), it may be that the insulin insensitivity of the rest of the body's cells has become somewhat permanent.

As I understand it, the reason diabetes in long-term diabetics sometimes doesn't resolve is because there has been too much damage to the pancreatic beta cells. Alternatively (or in addition), it may be that the insulin insensitivity of the rest of the body's cells has become somewhat permanent.
I went on insulin way sooner than most figured I would. I insisted on it to help preserve what pancreatic function I had left. But I know mine was damaged. The second part is probably why it's still not fully resolved. And why I have to watch it.

OTOH, normal diabetics should get an a1c every three months. My PCP now has me on an every six month schedule (along with all my other lab work).

LW: 264.2
TW: 263.4 (this morning, since I forgot to weigh yesterday)

The weight loss has slowed in the past month and it's making me nervous. I know what I have to do, and I'm not doing it.

I'm still eating too many carbs (80-100g/day). I am getting plenty of protein and fat, but little bits of carbs keep jumping into my mouth <jk>. I still have sweet tooth. I don't eat big desserts anymore, but I can graze my way through an ounce of good quality chocolate here, a few Wheat Thins with my brie there. It adds up over the course of the day.

Also, I'm not exercising nearly enough. Some is better than nothing, but I need to step that up too.

LW: 264.2
TW: 263.4 (this morning, since I forgot to weigh yesterday)

The weight loss has slowed in the past month and it's making me nervous. I know what I have to do, and I'm not doing it.

I'm still eating too many carbs (80-100g/day). I am getting plenty of protein and fat, but little bits of carbs keep jumping into my mouth <jk>. I still have sweet tooth. I don't eat big desserts anymore, but I can graze my way through an ounce of good quality chocolate here, a few Wheat Thins with my brie there. It adds up over the course of the day.

Also, I'm not exercising nearly enough. Some is better than nothing, but I need to step that up too.
It's still a downward trend. On my way down, I had a couple of months of gain. So yeah, it does slow down.

Reining in the carbs is hard. Maybe eat your Brie with a spoon?

@DSRIGGS hopefully it won't be much longer before you will get to the weight that's best for you. Thanks Hon!

Latest posts

Back