Sunday Weigh In (10/8/2017)

Over 2 months ago 126
TW 126

Been away for a bit and missed my 5 year Surgiversary on 9/27! While I am out living life, I will always be connected and indebted to my DS family where I have had the critical support I needed throughout my journey.

At over 5 years out, I seem to easily maintain my weight. I focus on 100 gr of protein per day, try to get in 60-100gr of fat (otherwise hair and skin dry out quickly). I am pretty impressed with the quantity I can eat. A bacon cheeseburger and half a serving of fries on a 'big tummy' day is not unusual. I don't really count carbs anymore, but do try to save them for the end of the day when I can face the 'consequences' in the privacy of my bedroom!

After my hip replacement fiasco last year, I went to science camp again with my students and wasn't sure about attempting my goal of climbing the 'nose' on the climbing wall. I decided I needed to try my best as I would not have another chance.
View attachment 1467
Just couldn't get my leg up, so I failed. I do feel good that I gave it my all, though. Not bad for a 65 year old, formally MO granny. I would have regretted not trying so it's all good!

Looking to retire after this school year. I am so grateful for my DS and the good health and mobility it has allowed me. Also so grateful for each of you! I will continue to check in!
Have a great week!

Wow.....good for you.

My bad and I need to admit it. I have not weight myself since Monday. Bad, I will get back on the horse and post here in hte next day or two. I have to stay on top of this.

LW 152
TW 152

Staying steady. Still awaiting the most recent blood work. Played phone tag with the dr office all week after I missed their call. Gearing up for a vacation which will hopefully help me get back into a better routine.

thanks - I got a PM from SB regarding this - I am actually better than I was for awhile.

I have been sharing everything with my PCP, in fact I apologized for being such a nutbag. :rolleyes:

Scott, I really hope the surgery is your last.
You aren't a nutbag. We just worried.
Still holding at 128 with fluctuations that are getting smaller.
Glad your fluctuations are getting smaller.
Wow.....good for you.

My bad and I need to admit it. I have not weight myself since Monday. Bad, I will get back on the horse and post here in hte next day or two. I have to stay on top of this.
I've skipped a week here and there. I just wait until the next Sun AM to weigh.
LW 152
TW 152

Staying steady. Still awaiting the most recent blood work. Played phone tag with the dr office all week after I missed their call. Gearing up for a vacation which will hopefully help me get back into a better routine.
Do they have a patient portal? Easiest way to get copies. And you want either digital or hard copies for yourself.

Latest posts

Back