Sunday Weigh In (1/24/2016)

After onederland, 29.9 BMI is my next milestone. It should happen in the next few weeks.

Thanks, Scott. Last night I ate a lamb loin chop in thyme, red wine cream sauce! Only a little more than an ounce and a half of meat on it but YAY for me at 10 weeks out! And good for you with your weight gain. By next week the two of us should pass each other on the scale!
That is great. At 10 weeks out I couldn't eat much volume either.

and here is to our "strangers in the night" passing moment! :D

....and for me, I hit a major milestone this week. I finally made it back to the 180 pound mark! Goodbye 170's, I don't want to see you again!

Okay, technicallly I am 179.6 this morning but yesterday morning I was 181.5 so I am in the 180 club.
Yeah!!!! I know you are starting to feel better.And that is more important than the scale.
Sw 355
TW 233

I've been in a holding pattern for about a month, up down up down can't get below 232. Focusing on the basics again. Water, protein and fat !
Check your macros (and calories) on MFP or another logging program...you may not be eating enough.

Thanks Liz. It is up and down on the feeling better.

I just had labs again and they are still not great, but hopefully will get better. I am going to talk to Dr Schupbach (my PCP) to see if he will give me an injection of Vitamin A as that one is really struggling and I went from daily dosing of 100K IU to to 150K to 200K over the past 3.5 months and my number moved from 28.4 to 30 which is 2 points below range (I like my eyesight so this one worries me a bit and I want it well within range).

My A & E are both below range and K is barely in range. For the Vitamin E, I take 800 mg a day and I dropped out of range this time. I will go to 1,200 daily now. My total protein, hematocrit, hemoglobin, RBC and copper are below range. Albumin, RDW, platelets, zinc, calcium and couple others are barely in range and not really coming up...............so we shall see what happens if I am truly absorbing more.

Hopefully my numbers and overall feeling of well being improves steadily and I level off in a good range fairly soon. My fear is that I might finally be absorbing more carbs and that is why the weight is coming up. I am okay with that but I want the protein absorption to increase as well as I believe that will help to bring everything else back in range. I am seeing slight improvement in the lab values so hopefully the overall absorption/hypertrophy of the new absorbing intestine is slowly coming up. Dr K said it would take time to get to goal but I was expecting quicker.

@robs477 BTW, I have revised my goal weight. I initially thought that I wanted to get up to 205'sh, but I now think that 190-195 is really where I want to be. It took a while, but I like the lower weight and the range I am at for clothes (36 waste - hips prevent any smaller & Large shirts....loose). I know you have great concern over not dropping to low so it will be interesting to see how you settle in and where your mind and body tell you that your happy medium is (it will, of that I am certain).

LW: 132.5
TW: 130.5

I hope it sticks. Well one week away from the close of escrow on my condo in Chula Vista the buyer lost her job. Yep pulling out. I'm keeping the deposit so the mortgage will be covered for a month and a half. Hopefully I get an offer in the next week. If not I'll have to rent it out again. Pisses me off as I painted, put in new carpet, and appliances and deep cleaned the whole place....all of which are to nice for renters.

Oh well onwards and upwards!

Congrats on your anniversary Liz
Scott good to hear you are doing well
Have a great week you bunch of losers...:geek:

I hope it sticks. Well one week away from the close of escrow on my condo in Chula Vista the buyer lost her job. Yep pulling out. I'm keeping the deposit so the mortgage will be covered for a month and a half. Hopefully I get an offer in the next week. If not I'll have to rent it out again. Pisses me off as I painted, put in new carpet, and appliances and deep cleaned the whole place....all of which are to nice for renters.

Get me a job for a $175k base and I will buy your place! :D

(my job hunt has hit a brick wall after a couple of really good, high level opportunities went tits up). :(

12/22/2015: 253.6
1/24/2016: 253.8

So, this is now a month-long stall when I'm 8 months out from surgery. I haven't panicked yet, but I'm getting mighty nervous.

LW 125
TW 124

Can't explain my gradual loss over the last couple of months, but I'll take it!
Congratulations on your Surgiversary, Liz. I appreciate you so much!

Have a great week all!

Don't you mean onwards and DOWNwards??? Back about 2-3 more lbs? You are doing good but stress is getting you. I'm sorry your buyer fell thru. One reason I don't count anything in the housing industry final til the check has cleared the bank and the transfer is legal according to the county!
12/22/2015: 253.6
1/24/2016: 253.8

So, this is now a month-long stall when I'm 8 months out from surgery. I haven't panicked yet, but I'm getting mighty nervous.
Do a quick check of your macros (and calories). It is possible that you might not be eating enough or eating too many carbs. You will get there. My longest stall lasted 5 months. And MEASURE...the months I stalled, I lost inches.
LW 125
TW 124

Can't explain my gradual loss over the last couple of months, but I'll take it!
Congratulations on your Surgiversary, Liz. I appreciate you so much!

Have a great week all!

Doing good.

After onederland, 29.9 BMI is my next milestone. It should happen in the next few weeks.
Thanks, Scott. Last night I ate a lamb loin chop in thyme, red wine cream sauce! Only a little more than an ounce and a half of meat on it but YAY for me at 10 weeks out! And good for you with your weight gain. By next week the two of us should pass each other on the scale!

Oh I am SO glad you got something down - and kept it down! Hopefully this is the start of a trend :)

LW: 230
TW: 230

Ahh, becalmed again! I think reading the lazy bowel thread rubbed off... now I'm experiencing similar circumstances. I had to increase my iron and it's wreaking havoc on my system... and I had almost no appetite all week. This is the start of a brand new week, however, and I am confident that I will get things headed in the right direction.

LW: 230
TW: 230

Ahh, becalmed again! I think reading the lazy bowel thread rubbed off... now I'm experiencing similar circumstances. I had to increase my iron and it's wreaking havoc on my system... and I had almost no appetite all week. This is the start of a brand new week, however, and I am confident that I will get things headed in the right direction.
Almost no appetite will stall it for sure. Eating is no longer optional. Keep all sorts of easy, quick things protein based to grab OFTEN.

You will get there.

Last week 149
This week 149.8
Up .8 pounds, all good.

Have a great week everyone. Happy surgiversary, Liz!

Almost no appetite will stall it for sure. Eating is no longer optional. Keep all sorts of easy, quick things protein based to grab OFTEN.

You will get there.

I forgot to add: Happy surgiversary!!

I bought a dehydrator and a jerky gun and I'm a jerky-makin' machine now :D I've made about 5 pounds this week, so I have enough to snack on AND share it with my jerky-loving son. I love it that I can control what's in the jerky - no added sugars!

I know that eating is mandatory. It's difficult to get out of the mindset that I will gain weight if I eat but I'm working on it. I had an "off" week last week so I have resolved to correct the issue going forward.

Thanks for your constant support and advice, Liz! It is truly appreciated!

Latest posts

Back