Sorry not sorry, but they are stupid

Obesity is a chronic disease. I still have it.

Me too. I lost 265lbs but gained back almost 50 with a fairly aggressive DS. I could easily have kept going had I not taken a step back and stopped eat trigger foods. (Crackers and bread for me).

And I gained the weight back even with the malabsorbtion... I would never be this successful with just a sleeve.

I have a food addiction.

I truly believe it's a physical difference in my brain I've had always.

Don't beat people up for failing.

I do believe the DS is the best option for most patients. I knew within 2 weeks after having my sleeve that I needed it, but my doc at that time said it was too early to even think that way. 5 years later...here I am.
I do also believe that the sleeve and RNY can benefit some patients. I just think there should be more of a selective process , with realistic expectations set of what can truly be achieved. Not a one size fits all, and ur the failure if it doesn't fit you.
wow that sucks that you have had to wait for the DS. So are you still trying to a DS. I am sorry you haven't been able to do so.

Yeah a sleeve or RnY would absolutely not work for me because I like to eat too much and the DS gives me the ability do so.

Love these posts. I feel kinda validated. I am woman #2 for sure. Had revision to DS in January. I've lost 60 pounds since surgery day. Not your typical DS story. However, I do have other issues going. I constantly fight the urge to binge eat. I can't seem to kick emotional eating. I can still eat a ton of food, and some days, I do. My top weight ever was 349 and today I am 240, so I'll take it. For me, this is good. I would not complain about losing 40 more, but it might not be in the cards. I have other victories. No more high blood pressure. No more high cholesterol. Sleep apnea almost gone. I can walk. No more knee pain. No more back pain. I can breathe. Much less use of inhalers. I've been a slave to my scale all my life, and I'm finally becoming okay with just being healthier and continuing to eat healthy more days than not.

Latest posts

Back