So greatful.

feeder

It's been a long time for me here. You strangers have no idea how valuable you are in my real life. The knowledge, joy and security day after day, year after year, Thank you.

Not doing to good at the moment. I am having troubles with my Protein and because of that am now in the shit house with my labs. Just a heads up to all who are on egg protein. I have been on the Vitamin Shoppe healthy n Fit egg protein for over 8 years. I eat at least 200gr of food protein plus 3 shakes a day, and one fat shake a day minus the protein. My labs have been every 3-4 months for the last 8 years. Feeling really tired like not being able to stand, being drugged through life, feeling going in my toes, I called my hemo to go in for infusions. In the back of my mind I knew this was different than my usually infusions my symptoms were different. Sure enough, my iron panel was with in limits although lower than I like them but still doable.

Got into see my endo. and sure enough I was protein mal. This was a blow to me. For over 8 years I have been a machine doing my shakes, tracking my labs, adjusting my vitamins, getting my water in, eating clean, eating low carb, treating my overgrowth as conservative as possible with my antibiotics. So what went wrong. EGGS went up in price 4 months ago. At that time I noticed a change in the egg protein but just kept on drinking them. My husband who makes my drinks on the weekends also asked me about the change he noticed. My daughter who is 2 years out of her DS asked me the same as she drinks it too. Endo told me she would put me in the hospital on TPN but because she knows how anal I am she is giving me permission to switch egg protein and retest in a month.

Sure wish we actually knew what was in our protein drinks and vitamins. So many fillers out there in all food but when they start messing with our protein our bodies are the first to tell us that the industry just added more egg fillers.

Are you taking Creon or other digestive enzymes? they would help you to absorb more of the protein you are consuming. If you just can't get your protein levels up, TPN will be needed. Once you get going on it, it should be possible for you to do TPN at home. TPN can be life saving, as well as making you feel a lot better.

Yes, Take it with every meal and snack. I believe or hope that with the Creon, 4 double shakes a day with the new Jay Robb egg protein, and upping all vits. I can be feeling better in 6 weeks to the tune of getting back to somewhat of normal for me. But if I can't then TPN. So glad you are always here keeping the home fires burning.

Glad to see you back, but sorry you are having some issues. I had a favorite protein change formula a year or so back as well, but I'm not using egg based protein so easier for me to switch without that restriction.

I agree it's great we have a place like this to come with such great people. I'd have been dead 8 years ago otherwise, without places like this to learn. Hope you get back to feeling better quickly.

Not doing to good at the moment. I am having troubles with my Protein and because of that am now in the shit house with my labs. Just a heads up to all who are on egg protein. I have been on the Vitamin Shoppe healthy n Fit egg protein for over 8 years. I eat at least 200gr of food protein plus 3 shakes a day, and one fat shake a day minus the protein. My labs have been every 3-4 months for the last 8 years. Feeling really tired like not being able to stand, being drugged through life, feeling going in my toes, I called my hemo to go in for infusions. In the back of my mind I knew this was different than my usually infusions my symptoms were different. Sure enough, my iron panel was with in limits although lower than I like them but still doable.

Got into see my endo. and sure enough I was protein mal. This was a blow to me. For over 8 years I have been a machine doing my shakes, tracking my labs, adjusting my vitamins, getting my water in, eating clean, eating low carb, treating my overgrowth as conservative as possible with my antibiotics. So what went wrong. EGGS went up in price 4 months ago. At that time I noticed a change in the egg protein but just kept on drinking them. My husband who makes my drinks on the weekends also asked me about the change he noticed. My daughter who is 2 years out of her DS asked me the same as she drinks it too. Endo told me she would put me in the hospital on TPN but because she knows how anal I am she is giving me permission to switch egg protein and retest in a month.

I tried Now egg white protein. I used unflavored because I can't do any artificial sweeteners. The only thing that bothered me was the thickness, so I use Now Whey Isolate Unflavored. I use ice cold coffee, regular french vanilla creamer, to make a 8 ounce shake with a scoop and a half of protein. Gives me 36 grams of protein per shake. I do not care about the carbs. I care that I get the protein in.

Latest posts

Back