Smart people, foolish choices

Pasta with a little salt, pepper, cheese and sauce with sausage. I know I can't eat pasta since my surgery--not because of the carbs, but because it literally sits in my stomach and expands and then I feel like crap--but sometimes I crave nothing but!
Have you tried Dreamfield pasta...in smaller quantities? I do okay with small serving of that, because of how they treat it.

Bread! Hello my name is Whitney and I am addicted to bread. All types but I love sourdough the best! I recently ate 1/2 a sourdough bagel in the evening and by bedtime my belly was distended and I was passing gas like a champ. I knew while I was eating it it would be an issue. I did toast it and soak it with butter...

Ice cream, too much and I dump horribly.. like need to lay down or I may pass out cold sweats, weak, dizzy. Not happy. A little of the good stuff, shared saves me.

Also apparently too much soluble fiber like Quest bars- I like the stupid things, texture thing for me.. and also I am slowly learning not to overdo it on raw cauli, nibbled while trying to roast them, or dipped or whatever.. I like the stuff.. within an hour I look 6mo preggers, in pain. Tight belly. Then the gas, oh my god. My guts bloat at random times, still trying to figure out the causes.. I'm afraid to- as I think I know a few.. like dairy :( I love my cheese, full fat greek yog and stuff.. but delayed gut bloat. I'm stubborn, I don't want to give it up.

I am with you on the sourdough. I DO eat it a couple times a week, usually as a melt full of sautéed steak, bell peppers and cheese, soaked in butter and browned in the pan. Scared because it doesn't seem to bother me much. Of course I never eat it during the day when I will be around others. Have it for dinner and really don't know how things fare overnight. Teddy (my dog) still loves me. :chores_walkdog:

Onion Rings, beer battered onion rings, the BBQ joints here have them, big thick cut, OMW love them, they do not love me, a whole other "wake up the neighborhood" gas-o-rama. Maybe 2 times a year I dive in.

OMG - battered fried onion rings are the only things I still don't dare eat. Not just smell, which is unspeakable, but PAIN.

Bread! Hello my name is Whitney and I am addicted to bread. All types but I love sourdough the best! I recently ate 1/2 a sourdough bagel in the evening and by bedtime my belly was distended and I was passing gas like a champ. I knew while I was eating it it would be an issue. I did toast it and soak it with butter...
I just ate a big chunk of sourdough rolled in seeds, slathered in butter. I should shove the rest of the loaf in the garbage, but there's no guarantee I wont fish it out and eat it anyway.

bagels...evil little circles of hell.

On the subject of choosing poorly...it is 15 degrees here in Baltimore and my husband decided to take his car through the car wash. Didn't go so well.

ROFLMAO!!!! He's not used to those temps eh?

I am accustomed to my "back porch" (which is a room, not a porch, and serves as pantry/tool shed/place to throw stuff) being a walk-in cooler all winter. So I had a whole bunch of meat thawing in buckets of water overnight. Went out this morning to get the meat to get the Mother of All Stews going....And it was all frozen solid in frozen buckets of water. It's NEVER been that cold out there since we moved into this place in 1995.

bagels...evil little circles of hell.

On the subject of choosing poorly...it is 15 degrees here in Baltimore and my husband decided to take his car through the car wash. Didn't go so well.
LOL....15 is WARM! We were at 9 yesterday...which is still warm compared to other areas. But while we were at 9, it was 37 in Anchorage, AK...I told dh we should have moved there to be warm, :)

Latest posts

Back