Creepy-Weird Question of the Day

To help fight back against limitations, I'd recommend considering some anti-fatigue mats in front of the kitchen counters. They really do reduce back strain and help keep folks comfortable longer when standing. The one caveat is that they may pose a trip hazard. I bought mine after standing in a long Christmas Eve line at a Williams Sonoma. My back was hurting and when I reached the "Wellness Mat" they had by the register area, it provided instantaneous, significant relief. I spent a small fortune on the model on which I was standing, but there are plenty of alternate providers on Amazon. For a similar reason, I love and highly recommend Orthofeet shoes. Wishing you the best!
We had one of those expensive mats…I wonder why I don’t have it now. Hmmm. Off to Sonoma!

ETA:
The trip hazard is a constant concern when dealing with osteoporosis. But those anti-fatigue mats are great! Maybe I could do the whole house in walk-to-wall mats!

As much as I like the POTENTIAL my hardwood floors have to look good (they need refinishing and that’s a HUGE Hassle)…on cold days, I keep wondering if some not-too-thick wall-to-wall carpet with really good padding wouldn’t be better for ankles, knees, backs and the heating bill! And maybe even the cooling…we’re on a raised foundation, so if under-the-house air is sneaking up via the floors, it’s warmer air rising in the summer.

Last edited:
As much as I like the POTENTIAL my hardwood floors have to look good (they need refinishing and that’s a HUGE Hassle)…on cold days, I keep wondering if some not-too-thick wall-to-wall carpet with really good padding wouldn’t be better for ankles, knees, backs and the heating bill! And maybe even the cooling

I heard that. I LOVE the look of hardwood floors and I think carpet is disgusting if you have pets - after finding out my pomeranian was marking on my carpet for years before I found out.

I was mislead because he insisted on going outside to emtpy his bladder and didn't realize he was also marking in the house when I wasn't looking the little rat.

anyway, there is a lot wrong with carpet but as we age, well, priorites change.

I heard that. I LOVE the look of hardwood floors and I think carpet is disgusting if you have pets - after finding out my pomeranian was marking on my carpet for years before I found out.

I was mislead because he insisted on going outside to emtpy his bladder and didn't realize he was also marking in the house when I wasn't looking the little rat.

anyway, there is a lot wrong with carpet but as we age, well, priorites change.

Agreed.

Especially if it involves physical effort of any kind.

Latest posts

Back