She's Back !!

CaraOC

Credentialed Bitch
Hello everyone, not really new around here, just kind of recycled. I've been pretty awful keeping myself straight with protein intake and vitamins since the plague hit. I'm improving every day but really need to work harder on taking care of myself. I'm well aware of the consequences of not doing so but I'm human. I'm down to about 150 lbs but I look awful. I'm all skin and sag. I never imagined I'd want surgery but I feel it might be my only choice in improving how I look. Not sure what bothers me most to be honest. I think my turkey neck might be top of the list. Has anyone had any face or neck surgery post weight loss? Or at all even. My boobs look like rocks in socks. Not cute. I need them shortened for sure. I have the big swinging belly thing going on too. I was thinking I'd do a trip to Dr S since I've read so many great reviews. I'm thinking I want arms, boobs, belly to start. The thighs need done but I can live with them for now. I'm not sure this doc is the guy for face/neck though. Any thoughts? Also, I have Kaiser insurance has anyone had them pay for anything? Can I get time off and disability if I have elective surgery in Mexico?

Last edited:
Welcome back, CaraOC
How far out are you now? I’m living with mine. If I win the lottery, I’ll get my side boobs and belly done but the rest, I’m fine. But at 66, I look pretty good compared to many my age.

Nice to hear from you. If you can afford it, do it. I would turn tricks to get my stomach and arms done. Face/neck would be next. But looking the way I do no one is going to pay me. I would have to pay them!

Hey Spiky Bugger !!!! thank you. I need to be back so ya'll can talk some sense into me. This place keeps one grounded in the facts, the good and the ugly. I also miss your incredible humor. Your talent is wasted lady !!! You need to be a writer... You remind me of David Sedaris... If you haven't read his book "Naked", then you must.

Hey Spiky Bugger !!!! thank you. I need to be back so ya'll can talk some sense into me. This place keeps one grounded in the facts, the good and the ugly. I also miss your incredible humor. Your talent is wasted lady !!! You need to be a writer... You remind me of David Sedaris... If you haven't read his book "Naked", then you must.

I get the “grounded“ part.

MiniSue and her boyfriend have recovered, we hope, from COVID-19. A friend, an RN, may recover from standing out in the heat we’ve been having, doing drive-by nasal/oral swabs.

We are incarcerated. MiniSue is INTENSE about our leaving the house. We are both high risk, elderly, overweight, cardio and/or pulmonary issues among other things.

So, we’re homebound, bored, depressed, surrounded by work that needs to be done and not doing it because we can’t stop watching the news for fear we’re at war again; we clear a path through the debris every two weeks to let the housekeepers in. Oh, yes! And our kitchen got demo‘d in November and then sat there…for MONTHS… no counters, no drawers, no cupboards.

ANYWAY…you can have all that skin filled with fat…or the way or is… or, since the fat is gone, you can remove its hiding place. I think that about covers it. There ARE ways to get Kaiser to cover it…ask DianaCox or Larra. But, I wonder how much experience Kaiser plastic surgeons have doing reconstructive surgery post-massive weight loss. You might want to ask around about that.

I get the “grounded“ part.

MiniSue and her boyfriend have recovered, we hope, from COVID-19. A friend, an RN, may recover from standing out in the heat we’ve been having, doing drive-by nasal/oral swabs.

We are incarcerated. MiniSue is INTENSE about our leaving the house. We are both high risk, elderly, overweight, cardio and/or pulmonary issues among other things.

So, we’re homebound, bored, depressed, surrounded by work that needs to be done and not doing it because we can’t stop watching the news for fear we’re at war again; we clear a path through the debris every two weeks to let the housekeepers in. Oh, yes! And our kitchen got demo‘d in November and then sat there…for MONTHS… no counters, no drawers, no cupboards.

ANYWAY…you can have all that skin filled with fat…or the way or is… or, since the fat is gone, you can remove its hiding place. I think that about covers it. There ARE ways to get Kaiser to cover it…ask DianaCox or Larra. But, I wonder how much experience Kaiser plastic surgeons have doing reconstructive surgery post-massive weight loss. You might want to ask around about that.

I'm with MiniSue on this one. I want you to be around a very long time. You likely are earning time off for good behavior; hopefully the sentence will be reduced.

Though I don't really mind my skin having some extra sway and I'm allergic to adhesives, FB ads have been trying to push skinnies on me. They look promising for beach wear.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back