Sadly my journey ends . . .

Jo is right. please consider staying!

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted but agree that you are taking it very well, congratulations on that.

Now, onward with life!

I am sorry to hear that things didn't go the way you had hoped. I do admire your acceptance of the advice of the DS gurus. That must be hard, but maybe things happen for a reason. I bet you will rock your VSG. Please don't leave! We need your input!

Last edited:
Today I was called by Dr Rabkin and I had a video conference with Dr Keshishian.
Both recommend that I not pursue getting a DS redone. When OHSU reversed my BPDS they reversed everything. Dr K said we would have to do a complete DS, not just a reversal of a reversal. He also described my insides as a minefield with multiple unexploded mines.
Both of them said it would be extremely difficult and likely life threatening.
Dr K said unless I have co-morbidities that are putting my life in danger it's probably not worth it. I don't have any co-morbidities that are not under control.
I've said all along that if I get turned down by the best 2 revisionist doctors that I will say OK, and drop it.
I'm sad, but I'm also a strong woman. I have a good life, so I will mourn for a bit and then move forward.
Since I no longer am pursuing this, I will likely not be on the site much. I feel as if I've made friends so I'll probably lurk from time to time.
Linda
Weaura I was wondering if you could tell your COMPLETE story from the beginning. I'm one of the rare ones who have lost too much weight (412 to 174 and still dropping...) and might well need to consider a reversal/revision at some point in the future. Anything you could tell me about your experiences with it would be very helpful for me. Part of me would like to just go back in time and reverse it. The gas/bathroom issues are severe for me, taking all those vitamins isn't fun, etc. But I also don't want Mr. fatboy to come back either. I had a BMI of 54 at my highest...super obese. To be quite honest, I could live with being chubby...maybe even 50-70 lbs over weight. Especially if that package also offered me an easier life as far as GI issues go. But I fear ever going back to 300+ lbs....I'd love to hear about what the reversal did to you, both negatively and positively. Did you still have bionic gas? Or did that go away? Was the weight regain crazy? I really have few resources to get the answers I need. There are soooo few of us DS'ers in the world, but to then find DS'ers who have reversals/revisions? Literally like finding the proverbial needles in the haystack! Anything you could tell me would be enormously appreciated!

Just now seeing this!! Eveyone has said everything there is to say, and so well! You have my sympathies and agree with what everyone has said.

We really gave it our best shot and then when that didn't work... we pulled out the double barrel shot gun called Dr. K and Dr. R. Giving up was not an option until they said that the Gun Fight was over. When came to putting your life on the line, then you call it quits. It isn't worth losing you and having the surgery in your grave. I know your disappointed, Linda. I would be the same in your shoes. You have been through so SO MUCH with your health and in the end it was that dang tumor in your pancreas. You almost died! but you didn't, so now is not the time too either. I wish I could say something magical to make it easier. Know that I am here for you, always have been, always will be... give me a call whenever you feel like chatting... I understand if it takes some time. I have been thinking of you!! Take Care, YOU!!

Latest posts

Back