Recommendations for a surgeon

I should have made my point clearer. I was referring to being revised from RNY to DS, a much more complicated revision and no Dr's do that in MA, (least of all at Emerson) unless I've been remiss in my research. You had "a revision to VSG" ? A revision from what to VSG?

Ahh, okay that makes perfect sense. My only input was that Emerson can't do RNY (which I have) to DS, (which I want). Not even Tufts, Brigham or Mass General does them, so I couldn't imagine that Emerson did. Thanks for the info.

"Revisions" covers a lot of ground. The specific RNY to DS revision is an extremely complex and challenging operation that requires taking apart the entire RNY, restoring all the original anatomy, and then doing the DS. There is a significant complication rate. There are only a handful of DS surgeons who take this revision on, and I certainly wouldn't want any surgeon who only does an occasional DS to attempt it. So the surgeons at this hospital in MA are wise not to do it, and any patient who wants this needs to look elsewhere. There is a list somewhere on this website of the DS surgeons who do this. You are going to need to travel to get this revision. Hopefully someone (? southernlady) will come along and link you to the list.

You are going to need to travel to get this revision. Hopefully someone (? @southernlady) will come along and link you to the list.

"Revisions" covers a lot of ground. The specific RNY to DS revision is an extremely complex and challenging operation that requires taking apart the entire RNY, restoring all the original anatomy, and then doing the DS. There is a significant complication rate. There are only a handful of DS surgeons who take this revision on, and I certainly wouldn't want any surgeon who only does an occasional DS to attempt it. So the surgeons at this hospital in MA are wise not to do it, and any patient who wants this needs to look elsewhere. There is a list somewhere on this website of the DS surgeons who do this. You are going to need to travel to get this revision. Hopefully someone (? southernlady) will come along and link you to the list.
Thanks, larra. Yes, I already have the list! But thank you, everything you said is absolutely true

Dr. Ayoola Denton? Texas
Dr. Boyce, Knoxville, TN
Dr. Sudan, Raleigh-Durham, NC
Dr. Ng Raleigh, NC (different office)
Dr. Simper’s office, SLC Utah
Dr. Dennis Smith, Celebration, FL.
The doctors at Abington, PA
There are others slipping my mind right now.
Any vetted DS surgeon can do the VSG to DS revision as it is truly just one part of the DS.
Why di you have a? Mark by the dr. Ayoola. I was planning on doing a consult with him

Latest posts

Back