Rebel Ice Cream!!!!

I've never seen it - what do you do with it?
It looks like ice but it is much colder. It will burn you if you touch it. I usually grab it with tongs and put it in a bowl of water. It bubbles and boils and off gasses clouds of smoke. Like an old time horror movie. Ever watch the Addams Family? Remember the drinks smoking? Dry ice. I am easily entertained.

It arrived... It's in the freezer. Only 1 problem. It is frozen so solid I can't scoop it. Damn it! There was a ton of dry ice and it was packed in a styrofoam cooler and a box. So I ate a serving of beef enchiladas for dinner and OMG they were divine. 20gr protein and 4 carbs. 3 min in the microwave. But the ice cream is warming up in the freezer for tonight.

Had too much fun with the dry ice.

OK, on to the fun stuff. You have to admit Rebel Creamery is on the right track. I mean 6 or 8 carbs for a PINT of ice cream. None of this 1 scoop crap! Put it in a shot glass! It's not fair to compare it to Ben and Jerry's or Baskin Robbins. It is fair to compare it to Halo Top and those other low carb ice creams and Rebel Creamery is definitely the winner.

I ate 1/2 of a pint of Peanut Butter Fudge last night and I also tasted the chocolate. The chocolate is 6 carbs and the PBF is 8. There was no frankenfood chemical or fake sweetener taste. And it was sweet but not overly sweet. It was PB ice cream with pieces of chocolate in it. And the chocolate was also sweet and melted nicely on the tongue. It is full fat and tastes like full fat. It is without a doubt the best tasting low carb ice cream on the market today.

My only complaint about it is the texture. It's too hard and it is not scoopable. Even if you let it sit for a while. At 10 minutes and 20 it was no go for scooping. So it was just grab the pints and the spoons. But it is the same problem I have with the SF ice cream I make. It just gets too hard. I think real ice CREAM just tends to be that way. And we are accustomed to the scoopable stuff in the stores today that is filled with more chemicals, air, and emulsifiers than cream!

But the taste is excellent and it is the first low carb ice cream I have tried that actually qualifies as a treat. Delicious!

OK, on to the fun stuff. You have to admit Rebel Creamery is on the right track. I mean 6 or 8 carbs for a PINT of ice cream. None of this 1 scoop crap! Put it in a shot glass! It's not fair to compare it to Ben and Jerry's or Baskin Robbins. It is fair to compare it to Halo Top and those other low carb ice creams and Rebel Creamery is definitely the winner.

I ate 1/2 of a pint of Peanut Butter Fudge last night and I also tasted the chocolate. The chocolate is 6 carbs and the PBF is 8. There was no frankenfood chemical or fake sweetener taste. And it was sweet but not overly sweet. It was PB ice cream with pieces of chocolate in it. And the chocolate was also sweet and melted nicely on the tongue. It is full fat and tastes like full fat. It is without a doubt the best tasting low carb ice cream on the market today.

My only complaint about it is the texture. It's too hard and it is not scoopable. Even if you let it sit for a while. At 10 minutes and 20 it was no go for scooping. So it was just grab the pints and the spoons. But it is the same problem I have with the SF ice cream I make. It just gets too hard. I think real ice CREAM just tends to be that way. And we are accustomed to the scoopable stuff in the stores today that is filled with more chemicals, air, and emulsifiers than cream!

But the taste is excellent and it is the first low carb ice cream I have tried that actually qualifies as a treat. Delicious!
Thank you for this review. This is enough for me. I'm ordering some.

Latest posts

Back