Pre-Op

FrenchRed

I am scheduled for my SADI-S surgery on November 29th and was told to do a pre-op diet for 2 weeks prior, but I’m starting it today. Evidently protein drinks are not a ‘thing’ here in France, but yogurt certainly is.

So my menu is as follows:

Breakfast: 1 yogurt, 1 fromage blanc ( a non fermented yogurt), a slice of bread and a tsp of jam.

Mid morning snack: 1 yogurt.

Lunch: 100 g of salad, 150 g of non starchy vegetable, 150 g of lean meat/fish, 1 yogurt.

Mid Afternoon snack: 1 fromage blanc.

Dinner: 150 g of lean meat/fish, 150 g of green vegetable, 1 yogurt, 1 fruit, ½ slice of bread.

This works out to 970 calories, 110 g of protein, 95 g of carb and 9 g of fat.

Wish me luck!

Good luck.

Now once healed, the best we’ve figured is a SADI malaborbs about 40% of the fat grams ingested. Unlike the traditional DS which is 80%. So you won’t need low or no fat but you don’t need to pile on the fat like a traditional does.

Good to know about the malabsorbtion levels after surgery. I have gone through periods of plant based whole foods type eating with no added oils, so moderating fat shouldn't be a problem post surgery, even with adding back in animal based proteins. Is the estimation of 40 % fat absorption for SADI vs 80% for traditional DS based on having double the length of small intestine where food is mixed with digestive/bile fluids?

Good to know about the malabsorbtion levels after surgery. I have gone through periods of plant based whole foods type eating with no added oils, so moderating fat shouldn't be a problem post surgery, even with adding back in animal based proteins. Is the estimation of 40 % fat absorption for SADI vs 80% for traditional DS based on having double the length of small intestine where food is mixed with digestive/bile fluids?
Pretty much. We have no studies to validate that but on the SADI but we do on the DS. So using the DS, we can kinda figure a ballpark for SADI.

Latest posts

Back