Poop...for posterity

star0210

Ever since I had my VSG I've been constipated. Like all the time.
When I get uncomfortable I take three dulcolax at night and it works by morning.
Sometimes that's once a week...sometimes every couple of weeks.
My husband had to go to Amsterdam for work over the summer so I went with him and we stayed over and had a European vacation. About a week into our trip I was so miserable and realized I hadn't pooped in 9 days. We found a pharmacy and I bought some laxatives. Took it...nothing. Took another dose the next morning. Nothing. Took three doses before I finally went!

If the DS makes me regular then I consider that a big plus!

I'm putting this here so that after I have my surgery if I start having the opposite problem you can all tell me to shut up and remind me of this post. Haha.

Lol! I was backed up post VSG for the first 8mo or so, and still get issues with it both ways (IBS causes it now though, which I always had..)

The thing that got me un-clogged though was when I started getting in a lot more fat than I had prior.. finally. So long as I don't drop low on the grease so to speak, the rest handles itself, even with my normal guts.. but those first few months- trying to pack in protein, and not a whole lot else- Miralax was my daily friend. I wouldn't use a stimulant lax unless an emergency needs it (9 days, ow).. but a daily dose or two of a water-drawing lax like Miralax (or non-brand equiv) keeps things from being bricks, until things can get tweaked to allow normal poopage.

I tried miralax I tried milk of magnesia...none of it worked.
I tried it again and took it religiously after my hysterectomy two years ago..same thing. Didn't help a bit!
I know for the last couple of years I haven't been getting enough fluids and that doesn't help..I drink mostly coffee...but that wasn't true for the first two years post op. I was pretty fanatical about getting the right amounts of everything and still had the problem.
I've never really consciously worried about fat either...never went out of my way to eat low fat. I concentrated on protein and low carbs.

So yeah..,hoping the DS makes me regular!

Sounds like you are a candidate for Haribo SF Gummy Bears. Best laxative ever and they are yummy. Just don't eat more than 4 or 5 of them. If you overindulge, you will be sorry!

I was constipated ONCE post VSG but I remember it without fondness. once further out I've been able to keep it moving with real fiber - apples and such.

I love that.

Latest posts

Back