Pets...we all have them! (okay, most of us anyway)

Both Miss Izzy and Charley developed hypothyroidism almost at the exact same time.

As hard as it is...she let me know it was time to let go. She's gone ahead to the Rainbow Bridge and has Snowy & Charley waiting there for her. She's no longer in pain. Some day, I'll meet back up with all of them.
Oh! I read the rainbow bridge thing a couple days ago and it made me cry! Such a beautiful way to think about a pet's passing!

Dh mentioned last night that we seem to be down too many cats...so today we went to Foothills Humane Society - Polk County, NC and adopted two new kitties...They WERE Nala and Baby. Now they are Cassiopeia and Iris. Cassie is a Russian Blue and Iris is Black. Both are female, both are about 10 months old. Here are their photos from the Humane Society:
28386172-1-800x0.jpg 28386147-2-800x0.jpg

<---- THAT pet is currently on my shitlist. He read my appointment calendar, saw he was headed for the vet and pulled a Houdini. Damn cat. If I have to spend next month's mortgage on an ER trip for him I'll be a lot MORE pissed than I already am.

<---- THAT pet is currently on my shitlist. He read my appointment calendar, saw he was headed for the vet and pulled a Houdini. Damn cat. If I have to spend next month's mortgage on an ER trip for him I'll be a lot MORE pissed than I already am.
You sure that isn't his name, LOL

I just spent a bloody fortune for our now eldest cat, Maggie. She decided to stop eating for some reason over the weekend. NOTHING is tempting her. Heck I even opened a can of tuna for her. She SNIFFED it and then turned her back...the others couldn't eat it fast enough.

Vet told me she had lost 2 lbs 8 oz since her last appt in Sept. Back then he said she was "blooming" and she needed to stop. Well, she stopped. She was also dehydrated and her WBC was very elevated...on the infection side of elevated. So an antibiotic shot, fluids, a B12 shot, and something to calm her stomach...and I walked out owing half my mortgage payment!

Last edited:
You sure that isn't his name, LOL

I just spent a bloody fortune for our now eldest cat, Maggie. She decided to stop eating for some reason over the weekend. NOTHING is tempting her. Heck I even opened a can of tuna for her. She SNIFFED it and then turned her back...the others couldn't eat it fast enough.

Vet told me she had lost 2 lbs 8 oz since her last appt in Sept. Back then he said she was "blooming" and she needed to stop. Well, she stopped. She was also dehydrated and her WBC was very elevated...on the infection side of elevated. So an antibiotic shot, fluids, a B12 shot, and something to calm her stomach...and I walked out owing half my mortgage payment!

If only cats could talk ... they probably wouldn't, just to be contrary.

Hope she's OK, and with nothing chronic.

If only cats could talk ... they probably wouldn't, just to be contrary.

Hope she's OK, and with nothing chronic.
I hope it isn't either. My first thought was grief...after all she lost her son in Dec and her best friend on the 10th of Feb. And I have lost a cat to grief. They do grieve and get depressed.

Grief makes sense. They really are more emotional than some people give them credit for.
Well, she's back to drinking...altho being very picky...has to be a very fresh bowl of water and no one else at it first...so she now has her own.

Last night, she showed interest in food but still isn't eating. I'm hopeful she will come around soon.

We added Rose to our family yesterday. She was daddy's dog, full blooded JRT about 7 years old.
She told us with her eyes and body language yesterday morning that it would happen yesterday. She would not leave his side.
This was taken just after the hearse left with daddy's body...and the direction she is looking is the direction they took the gurney.

We added Rose to our family yesterday. She was daddy's dog, full blooded JRT about 7 years old.
She told us with her eyes and body language yesterday morning that it would happen yesterday. She would not leave his side.
This was taken just after the hearse left with daddy's body...and the direction she is looking is the direction they took the gurney.

Well this hits me hard in the gut. I am so deeply sorry for every facet of your grief. This however hits me hardest...you understand because you love and are loved by your dogs. Love that wee dog. You both need each other. X

Latest posts

Back