PatchMD who has used them, reviews?

This could be a really great solution for me because I have problems with iron.

I know nothing about vitamins, but try to time them religiously to avoid say calcium and iron being taken at the same time. I'm wondering the issue of timing exists or is eliminated with patches. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether there could be interference in absorption of one vitamin when it is administered concurrently with another in patch form (e.g. patch/patch or patch-pill combinations)?

Also, I, too, am very allergic to adhesives. Does the adhesive cover the entire patch or is it on the edges only? I am wondering if I could cut off the adhesive and put the vitamin portion (if such is separate) in an ace bandage or sock or gauntlet and still get the intended benefit. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
That's a good question @hilary1617 bc patchmd says you have to wear the patch up to 12 hours so it would be hard to rely on mostly patches if you can't wear them at the same time.

I was thinking of trying the multi and the d3 w calcium for the first month post surgery so I can be taking vitamins from the get go. Maybe then switch to vitalady's DS regimen at one month out? Any thoughts?

This could be a really great solution for me because I have problems with iron.

I know nothing about vitamins, but try to time them religiously to avoid say calcium and iron being taken at the same time. I'm wondering the issue of timing exists or is eliminated with patches. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether there could be interference in absorption of one vitamin when it is administered concurrently with another in patch form (e.g. patch/patch or patch-pill combinations)?

Also, I, too, am very allergic to adhesives. Does the adhesive cover the entire patch or is it on the edges only? I am wondering if I could cut off the adhesive and put the vitamin portion (if such is separate) in an ace bandage or sock or gauntlet and still get the intended benefit. Any thoughts?

I haven't opened mine yet but I'll let you know about the adhesives when I do.

@star0210 did you just order one package to try?? how was the price, I think I saw a coupon, @Munchkin posted to look for one, how is shipping? Sounds like that lady from FB is really liking them, I will probably order some of the calcium to try.

I'd like to try these also, for calcium, I take 12 pills/day spread out throught the day, just too many pills just for calcium, if the patch worked that would be great. @Elizabeth N. and @star0210 that would be great if you could post your results.
12???? HOLY SHIT!!!! now I am a real chicken shit!!! Tell me everyone doesn't take this much?? :hair fire:
how many pills a day does everone take? 12 just of calcium??? :helpsmiley: Wooooow now I am scared of taking all these pills, I know I am a baby. Anyone else afraid of taking so many pills, or were you before your DS, I am a pre-oper.

That's a good question @hilary1617 bc patchmd says you have to wear the patch up to 12 hours so it would be hard to rely on mostly patches if you can't wear them at the same time.

I was thinking of trying the multi and the d3 w calcium for the first month post surgery so I can be taking vitamins from the get go. Maybe then switch to vitalady's DS regimen at one month out? Any thoughts?
I believe the thing about avoiding calcium and iron together (among a few other combos) is because they fight each other to get absorbed in the intestines, so through the skin isn't the same issue.

the more I read the more these patches better work for me:hide:, am I having an irrational fear of so many pills? I mean I have no idea what to expect?

@star0210 did you just order one package to try?? how was the price, I think I saw a coupon, @Munchkin posted to look for one, how is shipping? Sounds like that lady from FB is really liking them, I will probably order some of the calcium to try.

I ordered 2 each of the D plus calcium and the multi so a 60 day supply. I used a 40% off coupon. Shipping was 5.99 and my total was $53.87.

the more I read the more these patches better work for me:hide:, am I having an irrational fear of so many pills? I mean I have no idea what to expect?

You get used to taking them...and yes, for most of us, it is a lot of pills every day. Supplements are required for every WLS though...that's not just a DS thing. As a newbie post op, I'm following the Vitalady DS regimen and I will adjust as necessary according to my labs.
Her regimen to start includes 6 calcium each day and 5 tender iron plus a bunch of other stuff but for me those are the biggies. Well over 20 pills per day plus I add an additional dry D and a Proferrin ES iron pill.
I had to stop taking the calcium pills because they constipated me so badly..that's why I'm going to try the patches as an alternative way to get my calcium.

71JSU7Xzx7L._SX522_.jpg

So, am I the only one concerned about the B6 (25mg) in the new multi? Am I missing something?

71JSU7Xzx7L._SX522_.jpg

So, am I the only one concerned about the B6 (25mg) in the new multi? Am I missing something?
The amount in the Kirkland calcium made mine go too high, so I'd be concerned about that as well. Any word from the manufacturer yet? I don't understand why something that can actually be toxic when too high would be added in such a high amount?

I haven't heard back yet. I don't understand it either. Someone on FB responded that B6 "can be controlled", not clear what that means or how that would happen with such a high dose. I am going to wait for more input on this because of the permanent damage toxic levels of B6 can cause.
Don't get me wrong as I would be so happy to be able to get most of my vites from a patch. I just want to make sure it makes sense.

Last edited:
@Sue I was on 19 prescriptions meds a day before my DS, including at least 4 daily insulin injections. I'll swallow as many supplement pills as I have to in order to maintain health. It's a lot better than being dead.

That being said, I take 4-6 calcium pills per day. Country Life Target Mins Cal-Mag Complex, which is a combination of three different kinds of calcium, 1,000 mg per 2 pill dose. I have never bought into that no more than 600 mg calcium per dose thing, and it seems to be working for me.

12???? HOLY SHIT!!!! now I am a real chicken shit!!! Tell me everyone doesn't take this much?? :hair fire:
how many pills a day does everone take? 12 just of calcium??? :helpsmiley: Wooooow now I am scared of taking all these pills, I know I am a baby. Anyone else afraid of taking so many pills, or were you before your DS, I am a pre-oper.

This seriously concerns me. You need to read the forum Vitamins & Labs. I take 20 pills before noon everyday. If you are this nervous, I don't think the DS is for you.

no 12 calcium pills per day is not typical, metabolic bone disease, so I need more calcium (and magnesium because of calcium) , vitD3, so my count is higher than most, you will be fine. Vitalady plan is only about 30 total/day, totally doable.

Latest posts

Back