PatchMD who has used them, reviews?

Sue

:pdt leb:Hi everyone!!!!

Has anyone used these? I am interested in the calcium vit d3 patches. I am a vsg that is going to revise to a DS so I will need lost of calcium and vit d3. Have any info, good bad, etc? Welcome any comments. thanks you all!!!!:thumbsup:

These are really new but they look promising. Quite a few people are trying them. The regular ones SHOULD be good for us because we absorb through the skin same as everyone else. BTW don't order till you find a promo code. Patchmd usually has one out there for 40% off.

My order for the D with calcium just arrived yesterday. I've stopped taking my calcium due to chronic constipation so I'm hoping these will work sufficiently.
I think I'll go get my blood drawn Monday and get a baseline before I start them.

Is the
Vitamin D3/Calcium Topical Patch (30-Day Supply)
intended to replace our D3 - 50 and our calcium supplements? If so, I could see the benefits. If not, the cost would be higher with the patches. I would only switch if the absorption was better.

That's what I'm hoping to find out!
I'm replacing my calcium with this.
I'll probably still take my D because it was pretty low pre-revision to start with.

There's a new FB group of people trying out the patches. I signed up.

I do know some of the people who have been chronically deficient for years are having some good results.

:love30:thanks you all, you are the best!!! ok so I am a little chicken shit to have to take all those pills I hear about so if I could get some in a patch-HELLO. Would be great if people would post how they did!!! :danc:

Sue's post brings another potential issue to mind, skin irritation. I used a nicotine patch many moons ago. It does cause a bit of irritation. I had little red patch marks.

Voiced my concerns about the 1250% RDA of B6 in the multi patch. Not sure why it's so high when we will not malabsorb it. That's why many of us had to quit the Kirkland brand Calcium Citrate (because it has B6). I emailed the owner of the company to ask about this. Haven't heard anything yet but will post when I do.

Sue's post brings another potential issue to mind, skin irritation. I used a nicotine patch many moons ago. It does cause a bit of irritation. I had little red patch marks.
That's why I haven't tried them...I am so sensitive to tape irritation that even PAPER tape gives me bad hives.

I'd like to try these also, for calcium, I take 12 pills/day spread out throught the day, just too many pills just for calcium, if the patch worked that would be great. @Elizabeth N. and @star0210 that would be great if you could post your results.

There's a lady on the DS FB page who just posted her lab results after being on the patches for 3 months and her results are looking good. Her PTH is down from 89 to 26. Her D however only went up like 3 points from 46-49. She said she does still take 100k of D daily in addition. But she had stopped all calcium supplements.
Her total iron also shot up dramatically from 80-123 and her ferritin rose from 13-36 and the only iron she's getting from the patches I'm guessing is whatever is in the multi patch.

This is one of her comments...D with Calcium, D, Multi, and the Keep Klear for the extra A in it... yes other oral vites as well but have been on these same oral for a year with no changes till adding in patches... 100,000 IU of A, 100,000 IU of D, 1 Fiber capsule, 4 zinc, and my prescribed potassium 35mg and my 2-4 Iron with C tablets Celebrex brand!

So I'd say she's having great success so far!

Latest posts

Back