Oprah....one more time

Thank you sooooo much bebezed!!! I need to hear this! From some reasons i'm so scared and worried about everything! But i really think that need the DS.
Just trying to grasp all the changes and understand life w DS. You give me courage and strength.

Thanks Cassie! I was the same way and the wonderful people here answered all my concerns and gave me massive encouragement.... so I'm glad I helped a bit. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have

---
As for Oprah... I feel pretty much the same way as @DianaCox - waiting for the inevitable.

I see Kirsty Alley (sp?) is baaaaack touting Jenny Craig. She has been up and down with that program so many times I'm surprised they still feature her. She doesn't own the company, but she must be pulling in BIG BUCKS for her advertising efforts. BAH

What other industry has a 95% failure rate and still stays in business? When your customers blame themselves for failure and keep coming back for more, you continue to profit. The entire industry is based on the fraudulent idea that you can reverse weight gain permanently by dieting. Look at Americans who contribute to the $2 billion weight loss industry. They are almost all still fat. How many thousands of dollars and sleepless nights did I devote to my obesity before DS? Someone on WW can expect to lose an average of 8 pounds--what is that, $50 a pound? And it will all come back when they return to their real life. One of the prescription drugs for weight loss costs about $160 per pound lost and the pounds come back when you stop...what a waste of money. Oprah's a business person who knows a good investment when she sees it. Your customers don't actually have to get thin on your plan, they just have to pay because they want to be thin. The business model is: Make people feel guilty about their weight, take their money, and make them feel like it's their fault when it doesn't work, so they come back and pay more money. Oprah will either succeed short term (sell more WW plans) or fail and blame herself and start over (sell more WW plans). There would be class-action lawsuits in any other industry because of the promises made that were unachievable. The WW industry just blames the customer and people go off in shame that they didn't succeed. Stop the insanity!

I see Kirsty Alley (sp?) is baaaaack touting Jenny Craig. She has been up and down with that program so many times I'm surprised they still feature her. She doesn't own the company, but she must be pulling in BIG BUCKS for her advertising efforts. BAH
I saw her ad with John Ratzenberger and George Wendt in mock up of "Cheers". I guess even they want the extra $$ for being in ads, too. As for Oprah, any respect I had for her was gone a long time ago. And not just because of her hypocrisy about weight loss.

I am bitchily waiting for the implosion - or her heart attack. She is shameless.
Ha, you should really try to express how you really feel Diana, don't hold back!!
I want to scream when I see her stupid WW commercial!! " I LOVE bread! ", maybe she's next planning to buy the Wonder Bread company?? Ca-Ching!! I normally scream at her the entire commercial, "Fuck you Oprah!, I've tagged along adoringly on every last Friggan one of your diet fads and miracles over at least 25 years. You LIED BITCH, I'm still FAT!!! However, I do have to say I did lose a LOT OF WEIGHT doing WW over the years. I think I lost about 300lbs following their plan. Of course, it was the same 10 lbs I lost over and over and over again!!!!! Somebody send that woman a scalpel!!!

Donald Trump, after he finally loses the election will be their next spokesperson.

Ha, you should really try to express how you really feel Diana, don't hold back!!
I want to scream when I see her stupid WW commercial!! " I LOVE bread! ", maybe she's next planning to buy the Wonder Bread company?? Ca-Ching!! I normally scream at her the entire commercial, "Fuck you Oprah!, I've tagged along adoringly on every last Friggan one of your diet fads and miracles over at least 25 years. You LIED BITCH, I'm still FAT!!! However, I do have to say I did lose a LOT OF WEIGHT doing WW over the years. I think I lost about 300lbs following their plan. Of course, it was the same 10 lbs I lost over and over and over again!!!!! Somebody send that woman a scalpel!!!

You left something out...SHE'S still fat, too.

I didn't cry when I heard the latest about the fall of WW stocks. Oprah is still ahead...she just lost a "little". You know, I swear the last time I heard her bleating what she loooooved, it was potatoes. It's all a lie anyway....see the impeachable source. hahahaha

Attachments

• 01-27-16 017.JPG
    01-27-16 017.JPG
    594.1 KB · Views: 9
I am thoroughly sick of Oprah and her looooooove of whatever. Strange how WW existed for all these years, yet now that she's part owner it's the greatest thing since...sliced bread?? What, she never heard of it before? She and her chef and nutritionist and personal trainer and whatever else she has on her team never tried it before?
I wish her and all others struggling with obesity well, but wish the commercials would just stop.

Yep, she's downright irritating, and her so-called "down-to-earthness" is so far removed from reality now it's laughable. I lost all respect for her several years ago when her and her gal pal, Gayle King went on a roadtrip and Oprah went on and on about how pumping gas was such a big deal and an experience for her. Come on!

Oprah... Bah! Humbug!

I have watched her preach this or that over the years and while I feel for her I can't understand why she doesn't just fix the problem.

What makes me angry is the people she takes with her. She is a freaking BILLIONAIRE. She has her own gym, chef, and personal trainer. Her full time JOB is looking good. Oprah doesn't have to come home after 12 hours on her feet at some crap job and try to figure out how to feed, bathe, do homework, laundry, and lunches for the kids. She doesn't have $50 to feed three people when payday is a week away.

We would all look and act differently if we had her resources. She lives in another world far, far away.

@Munchkin I totally agree. Girl I don't understand how you're filthy rich and fat. I have a personal chef?. Make me a menu with stuff I like and make it healthy and enough calories to keep me thin or your fired!

I was livid when I saw the cover of her magazine in either March or April that she shared with several fellow WW members. She NEVER shares her cover with anyone, Ellen and her staff had to campaign for over a year to have it happen for the Christmas cover a couple of years ago. Like it or not she is someone that people look up to and believe in and by doing something that she never does she makes it seem even more special. ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Latest posts

Back