One week from today, 3-21

LynneV

Exactly 5 weeks after my consult with Dr. K I will be going under the knife for my DS.

In some ways I am happy my insurance didn't cover it. I would have had a hard time meeting their criteria for DS. My BMI is 35.2 with no health problems except for the family history of overweight diabetic people. When I see what my sister is going through with her diabetes and the fact that my brother died at 65 it scares the hell out of me.

While I didn't go into this because I hated how my body looked when I took my "before" pics I realized perhaps I should have looked in a mirror a little more often

I had my psych consult over the phone for 8 minutes as I drove to work and spoke to the nutritionist over the phone for about an hour. She seemed knowledgeable about the requirements of DS.

I did my chest X-ray and blood tests last week so I am ready. I even have been buying t-shirts in a smaller size!

I appreciate all I have learned on this forum I feel I am somewhat prepared for what is to come.

Congratulations @LynneV on your surgical date. Now's a great time to check your basic vitamin levels and supplement pre-procedure if needed. All the best - I am excited for you!

Latest posts

Back