ODOR ELIMINATORS!!!

CaraOC

Credentialed Bitch
I've started some research on dealing with this wonderful stench issue that's growing in strength with my bathroom trips. I'm an ICU nurse and remember well this issue when years ago I cared for many cystic fibrosis patients. Their poop stinks like a DS'r. I don't much care about the issue at home since I don't share a bathroom with anyone but when I return to work this is going to be a problem. Either I find some way to alleviate it or I need to start handing out little canaries to coworkers before they venture near the bathroom.. I bought some of that "Just a drop" stuff, and it does seem to help a little. I read here on using the dawn/water spray bottle prior to thwart the oil slick. I will try that too. I figured I would put together a bathroom emergency preparedness pack for work and add to it all useful products. I do need some product suggestions and reviews please. There are some very good biological waste odor elimination sprays that in the medical field we use for ostomy patients. But I would love to hear of what does or doesn't work for you. Thanks.

Lighting a match is about the best but that isn't doable at work.. IMO none of the odor eliminating products I have tried do anything but make it stench with sweet perfumey smell... Still bad but perfume on top.

Ozium DOES work quite well. Yes, it leaves a light artificial scent, but consider the alternative! They make it in purse sized canisters. And, of course, it depends on diet. Try to stay away from carbs before work.

Poo-porri spray into the bowel before shite. Then spray in the air. Then I flush and spray Lush perfume ( yes the company lush) this combination seems to mask the smell very well.

Told this story before, but….will tell it again for some of you. Sometimes, at work, you can actually use your newly acquired "accoutrements" to your advantage :D. If I’m being my usual courtesy self at work, I just do a quick “courtesy flush”, unless I’m intentionally UN-leashing one of our weapons of “Ass Destruction” on purpose. I work with this one guy who is a major Dickhead, a real condescending asshole prick that everyone can’t stand. EVERY morning, you could set the clock by the time he goes to the men’s room to brush his disintegrating rotten falling out teeth. And….almost every morning, (at least 2-3 days per week), I can time my morning poop and I wait about 30 seconds to 1 minute after he has to walk by my office to get to the bathroom, and then I go in there (with the same regularity he’s got), and drop a DS load while he’s brushing his teeth. As bad as it may seem, sometimes a DS dump can be a beautiful thing! Lemons, lemonade kind of thing.

Last edited:
I was freaked out about this so I stocked up on Poo-pouri from QVC. The first poop post-op smelled like rotten hamburger which was giving me the dry heaves -- and the Poo-pouri barely touched it. However within a few weeks my poop started smelling better than it did pre-op (I know this is weird for a DSer) and I haven't used it since. Now if I could only train my husband to use it...

Early out, nothing really helped. But once I was on regular food and things started to settle down (about 3 months out), mine improved. Now I only have an issue if I eat the wrong foods for my DS. What affects me may not affect you. I won't lie...shit still smells like shit but everyone does it so why get so weirded out. Dh's smelled rank pre-DS and still does. We do keep Ozium in the house and a good bathroom fan is a must. Helps if there is a window in the bathroom for days when you can open them.

Little kids (and I mean the under 5 crowd) are great for letting people know when something stinks. I haven't had any complaints from that crowd yet.

Early out, nothing really helped. But once I was on regular food and things started to settle down (about 3 months out), mine improved. Now I only have an issue if I eat the wrong foods for my DS. What affects me may not affect you. I won't lie...shit still smells like shit but everyone does it so why get so weirded out. Dh's smelled rank pre-DS and still does. We do keep Ozium in the house and a good bathroom fan is a must. Helps if there is a window in the bathroom for days when you can open them.

Little kids (and I mean the under 5 crowd) are great for letting people know when something stinks. I haven't had any complaints from that crowd yet.
Lol or my wife and her family who feel compelled to comment on every odor.. And I am not a public farter.

Lighting a match is about the best but that isn't doable at work.. IMO none of the odor eliminating products I have tried do anything but make it stench with sweet perfumey smell... Still bad but perfume on top.
Not sure I would be brave enough to strike a match just yet because I'm quite sure what is coming outta me is highly flammable!!!

Not sure I would be brave enough to strike a match just yet because I'm quite sure what is coming outta me is highly flammable!!!
Believe me I would have blown up numerous times by now if odor is a measure of flammability. :D

Just to be clear - in the first month or two after surgery, our OWN noses are exquisitely over-sensitive. It's hard to tell if the smell emanating from our own butts that we are perceiving is ALL that bad (I was nearly retching for the first 10 days in particular - I had to put my face into the open window screen while sitting on the pot), or if it is actually that gross.

Our families tend to exaggerate, I think - I mean it IS worse than before, but I doubt it is AS bad as we think it is, due to our heightened olfactory sensitivity from the anesthesia.

I've never unleashed one deliberately though - I don't think I have that level of timing or control. :)

My poop is really foul lately, and it isn't just me. I have been having a lot of oil slicks and those tend to be horrificly bad stinking. I am really trying to watch and eat lean meatd as best I can but not sure why the oil factory lately. I expect stink if I have chili and or too many carbs...but the last week or two have been bad. Woke up one morning having sharted with no recollection and I started once during the day this week. Luckily not too bad. Anyway my stench is much worse now, and even during more normal times is still worse than before.

EDIT: sorry about the slicks post... Don't want to hijack so I started another thread.

Last edited:
I use poo-pourri but I also carry a travel-sized spray bottle of Axe body spray. That crap masks the odor like you wouldn't believe.

I use poo-pourri but I also carry a travel-sized spray bottle of Axe body spray. That crap masks the odor like you wouldn't believe.
As the Father of 21 and 19 year old boys that have used Axe for years i have to tell you that the axe spray is god awful offensive and doesn't mask anything. It is just axe flavored poop or BO stink at that point and to me is far worse.

I haven't bought poopouri or ozium but the only think that remotely helps besides good matches is Febreeze and even that just helps some. JMO

Latest posts

Back