NSV--Cleaning out my closet

Psychomom

Last night I had one of the best experiences. I cleaned out my closet. I know, I know--most people don't think of this as a good thing, but it was for me. I took out all the clothes I can no longer wear because they are too BIG for me! Granted, I don't have much left, but it was so awesome to finally go through and get rid of those clothes! Two giant trash bags full of monster clothes that someone else can enjoy. I only kept one pair of pants to remind me of how far I've come. Life is good!

Such a great sign of progress! Now there's the fun of shopping. Because you go down so far so quickly with DS, I learned to take advantage of thrift stores. You can get away with larger tops, but pants have to more or less fit. I should have spent more on bras that fit. People complained that I was wearing clothes that were too big for me, but I couldn't buy in every size. Avoid investing too much as you near the end, since there is a likely bounce back. Because of the extra skin around my waist, it's hard to find things that fit at the shoulders and hips, and also the waist. NMDJ pants work the best. But there are so many more choices in the smaller sizes. Have fun!

OMG, I loved cleaning my closet. I had everything from a size 6 to a 3x Now, I have mostly 12 and under and I'm a 10 and looking forward to a 6. It was a freeing process. And I found so much room in my closet!!!! (which i have filled with boots!!!).

Also, make sure to save a few people's of clothes for photos later on.

OMG, I loved cleaning my closet. I had everything from a size 6 to a 3x Now, I have mostly 12 and under and I'm a 10 and looking forward to a 6. It was a freeing process. And I found so much room in my closet!!!! (which i have filled with boots!!!).

Also, make sure to save a few people's of clothes for photos later on.
I saved a pair of pants--it was my favorite pair that I loved to wear. I also have my wedding dress and a couple of other things that had sentimental value to me.

I had a love/hate cleaning out my closet. I had some stuff that I adored that I hated getting rid of. I did it but most of it was easy to get out of there.
What she said. Most of my larger clothes were so ugly* that it was a pleasure to get rid of them. However, most charities appreciate donations of larger clothes as demand often is greater than the supply. So not only are you celebrating that NSV, you're doing a good deed.

*Ugly only in that most designers don't care about bigger women and I was glad to find anything that fit. Income doesn't mean squat when you wear a size 32.

I had a little irrational anxiety getting rid of my too big clothes. When I'd lose weight in the past, I would just store the clothes that no longer fit me, because I knew from experience that someday if need them again. So this time, even though I knew intellectually that I wouldn't regain all my weight, I had a hard time believing it emotionally. Finally I had to just jump on and do it!

I saved a pair of pants--it was my favorite pair that I loved to wear. I also have my wedding dress and a couple of other things that had sentimental value to me.
After i had my VSG and lost the bulk of my initial weight, I did the same thing and it felt so good! I did keep my wedding gown, and a few years later, my hubby and I had a recomittal wedding and i had the gown modified. Shortened, taken in for sure....very special to me.

Kudos to you!

Latest posts

Back