New - Old member. On to a DS revision

ReSet75

I had my original DS surgery with Dr. Michael Schweitzer 4/2009. My start weight was 300 with a bmi of 50. I lost down to about 162 very, very slowly. I’ve been struggling with regain the last few years and have regained to 230 lbs.

I know that my DS is not like others. I had an EGD that showed that my sleeve was not truly a sleeve- most of the greater curvature is still there. I also suspect that my common channel length is more than what the surgical report stated (100cm). I’ve never had much malabsorption. I have not had to supplement like most DS’ers do. I have very little side effects with carbs, etc

I have a revision surgery scheduled with Dr. Rezvani on 11/19/2024. I plan to have a large hiatal hernia repaired, partial gastrectomy to correct to a more typical VSG, and he plans to measure my common channel and revise if it is uncommonly long.

Welcome @ReSet75
Good luck to you. Your original surgeon, I know I’ve heard of him but not much detail. Your current surgeon doesn’t ring a bell. Can you link us to his website if he has one or his hospital?

Welcome @ReSet75
Good luck to you. Your original surgeon, I know I’ve heard of him but not much detail. Your current surgeon doesn’t ring a bell. Can you link us to his website if he has one or his hospital?
Dr. Schweitzer fell out of favor shortly after my surgery in 2009. His patients had a hard time losing in comparison. He was very conservative in his approach not using a bougie and I think he measured CC lengths very conservatively too. He worked for John’s Hopkin who quit doing the DS altogether not long after my surgery.

Dr. Masoud Rezvani is a talented and caring surgeon with long term experience and a wonderful bedside manner. https://www.dhmrclinics.com

He did my husband’s virgin DS almost 6 years ago. His office staff is wonderful with the insurance approval process. His nutritionist is mediocre with diet and supplement recommendations. I believe him to be a viable option in the Northern Virginia metro area. I like him better than Dr. Elariny.

Latest posts

Back