My intro

woefulgal

I'm dani. 54 yo female about to have my 1 yo gastric sleeve converted to DS on 28 October. My journey to here has been long and at times very crazy. My morbid obesity began during my 1st pregnancy 35 years ago (dd turned 34 this past June) and was mostly stable until a hereditary bout of diverticulitis started causing my more and more gut issues that largely went undiagnosed until after Covid19 caused the diverticulitis to create some pretty intense intestinal issues. Between 2014 and 2017, I started having g lots of bladder control issues and then severe shortness of breath while walking that had me gradually turn to adult diapers and a walker and/or wheelchair t
any time I left my house. A late 2020 suspected Covid19 hospital stay and subsequent at-home recovery had some long reaching side effects like severe POTS and a blockage in my large intestine that wasn't found until I had 2 huge abdominal abscess and a hole in both large and small intestines in Sept 2022. That year, my pre-diabetes, dysmetabolic syndrome flared to full-fledged type 2 diabetes with an a1C of 7.4. I ended up having the 1st of 4 surgeries to repair my colon and spent 18 months with an ileostomy bag (taped on my stomach) to poop in.

My parents passed away within 7 months of each other in 2022 and 2023. With their deaths, I finally found the strength, willpower, and motivation to shed my 35 year fat cocoon and start truly addressing my gross morbid obesity and regain my life. And here I am getting ready to take the final surgical plunge needed to find 1derland. Can't wait to "meet" everyone and learn how to live my new forever.

Hi and welcome @woefulgal! Sounds like you have truly been through the wringer. I wish you the best with the sleeve-to-DS conversion. You're among friends here!

Latest posts

Back