NEED to find Primary Care Physician in AZ

Beckmo

My inner child CRAVES chocolate!
My PCP moved. I am upset, but then again should couldn't do all my labs because she didn't really understand them. So, I need to find a good PCP that can understand all the lab work associated with the DS.
I don't want to go to my surgeon (Juarez) I want to find a PCP. How would you look one up by. I may be stupid here but would you look for Internal Medicine or just Family Practice?
I believe I still have the link to the questions or dialogue to ask the doctor once I find him that was posted on this site.
Just need HELP. I have BCBS Anthem
Thank you!

This is going to be one of those situations where you just have to go to a pcp and not expect them to know anything about the DS (very few docs know anything about bariatric surgery, let alone the DS) and see if they are open to learning about it and ordering all the necessary labs for you. If not, you vote with your feet, as they say, and go to a different pcp. Repeat until you find a good one.

Options for hunting:
Family Practice
Internal Medicine
General Practice

But yeah, just keep trying and if necessary, vote with your feet.

I went to the local DS group and I was going to ask people there, but as it turned out there was a doctor there who had the DS. I tracked her down and went to her. But, I could have asked people in the group and they would have made recommendations.

I'm probably moving to Phoenix in the next few months, and will be looking myself. Since I wrote that dialogue to interview a potential doctor, I'm sure I will find someone who knows about the DS or is willing to be trained.

Also, if need be, you can order labs yourself through an online service like Direct Labs and get the blood drawn at the local Quest or LabCorp.

I go to Nimisha Shah at Honor Health deer valley. She is great... Dosent k ow a ton about DS but has been reading up... she listens and orders all the blood work etc DR K has ever asked for. And has a blood lab in office.

Lynda Brown West Olive Medicine. I love her she works with dr. K and is very thorough she's a worry wart like Dr. K @Beckmo
I checked her out where her office was and I am super far away. I am east... EAST Mesa almost to Apache Junction. She sounds like an excellent one, but with only one car it would be extremely difficult to make it over there. Thank you though!

I'm probably moving to Phoenix in the next few months, and will be looking myself. Since I wrote that dialogue to interview a potential doctor, I'm sure I will find someone who knows about the DS or is willing to be trained.
I will be interested in who you find... hopefully closer to the East side. Please let me know. Thanks! Thank you for all your informative help with PCP and surgeons, etc.

@Charris - HELP! I have arrived in Goodyear, and have tried to contact Dr. Brown, and they are telling me she is not taking new patients because she is retiring!!

Do you know about this? Who are you going to go to after she retires??

@Charris - HELP! I have arrived in Goodyear, and have tried to contact Dr. Brown, and they are telling me she is not taking new patients because she is retiring!!

Do you know about this? Who are you going to go to after she retires??

WRONG dr.Brown. lol

I just happened to be in her office when this came up 3 months ago. There are i believe 3 Linda Browns. Here's the correct ones number +16239398618 at West olive medicine @DianaCox

Last edited:
Oh GOD PLEASE DON'T LET HER HAVE DECIDED TO RESTORE LATELY... please tell me you didn't call the number I gave in the previous posts! @DianaCox

Latest posts

Back