My Surgeon just debunked everything I have learned on here..

I'm betting she did...I believe I saw on OH some of his patients had the SADI.

EDITED to say: ok I just read everybody's responses so maybe I'm getting him confused with a different surgeon.

@marissamast - do you have a copy of your operative report?
That's Cottam in SLC. He's also been caught out talking at least one person out of a whatever-he-does because she wasn't "fat enough" with a BMI of 44. He's on my shit list.

lmao sorry @marissamast i laughed so hard when i read that the nurse kicked you out and deleted that hugely informative post. :ROFLMAO: i don't know about the different wls communities, but i don't think you'll be missing out by not being a part of that group.

@conceit she won't miss out, but everyone else who could benefit from this information and clearly won't get it from the surgeon or his staff will miss out and will continue to get bad nutritional advice. And anyone else who disagrees with the party line will just be kicked out in the future.
People who read here and even on OH get better information, but there are many people who put their trust in their doctor and his or her staff and never research for themselves. They are the ones being harmed by this censorship, not the surgeon, the nurse, or the group here. And that's a shame.

@conceit she won't miss out, but everyone else who could benefit from this information and clearly won't get it from the surgeon or his staff will miss out and will continue to get bad nutritional advice. And anyone else who disagrees with the party line will just be kicked out in the future.
People who read here and even on OH get better information, but there are many people who put their trust in their doctor and his or her staff and never research for themselves. They are the ones being harmed by this censorship, not the surgeon, the nurse, or the group here. And that's a shame.
You're right Larra. That makes it even more problematic that they would suppress dissent this way. Very sad that people are being deprived of info. they need so much.

and OMG woww @Diana Cox, that is a fabulous opportunity! :)

That's Cottam in SLC. He's also been caught out talking at least one person out of a whatever-he-does because she wasn't "fat enough" with a BMI of 44. He's on my shit list.

Wow this really is awful, unsuspecting patients looking for help. This is one of 2 surgeons that I think their research is getting in the way of "patients first" and it is more patients for the study. I have also heard of lately that the A1C has to be very high before they will do a DS, so SADI it is. Sad day when a bmi of 44 isn't "fat enough". It's fraudulent to bill a patient for one procedure, DS and the patient coming out with another, SADI, since that is experimental. I am with you Elizabeth he is also added to my list.

Latest posts

Back