More information on Dr Scott in St Louis

I talked with him today and he trained with Dr Steven Boyce. He has only done @20 virgin DS surgeries but double that in revisions. He has had no fatalities. He as done thousands of other bariatric surgeries.

I thought I posted this back when you posted your first posted but apparently I didn't so here it is.

Hi Sheila

Welcome! I am so glad to hear Dr. Scott is doing the DS. I have been to him several times to be scoped and dilated after my VBG years ago. He use to work out of Doctors Hospital in Wentzville and then moved onto De Paul Hospital for quite a few years. He moved to De Peres Weight Loss Surgery program about two years ago. I agree he has a great bedside manner and I am waiting for your answer as to who he trained under for the DS. To me this is wonderful news. Even if he is only does the virgin DS we are in need of more doctors in the mid west that are familiar with our surgery. What part of town are you from? To my knowledge there are only two other people in our area that have had the DS. One is getting ready to move to Florida and one I haven't heard about in awhile. She had some complications and Dr. Scott tried to help her but couldn't find the exact problem. This was when he was still with DePaul Hospital. She went back to her Dr. in Tennessee and I am not sure what her problems where and if they wherever completely resolved. I am glad to hear you are recovering with no problems and your weight loss has been so successful. I will be waiting for your post and again welcome. I live in the Wentzville area by the way.

Barb

En or any other peeps does the letter still exsist that we can send to a doctor to see if he is willing to answer questions about his training and stats? I would be willing to send it to Dr. Scott. I did notice that they are not showing the DS being preformed on their website. I am really hoping that changes.

When I was in there last week I mentioned that they did not advertise that he did the DS and they just said we are working on an upgrade to the system. He did not tell me how many revisions was from what previous surgeries however mine was from lap band. Barb I am from Warrenton maybe we could meet sometime. Dr Scott does most of his DS surgeries laparoscopic however he tried mine that way and could not do it so I had an open.

Latest posts

Back