Kidney stones

How much, a minimum of 1500 broken down into 3 doses of 500 each. If you do 2000, it’s 4 doses.

I’ve always been told citrate but now I’m confused and awaiting clarification from DianaCox

In my first consultation with my Registered Dietitian, who seemed to understand the DS, I mentioned that I have Calcium Citrate, but also a large bottle of Tums because of some “acid indigestion,” reflux, etc. She said that, among other things, the Tums…or any calcium carbonate…is handy for solidifying feces. If that helps add to the confusion.

Last edited:
Just thought I’d chime in. I happened to go to Dr. K’s zoom meeting last night. He suggested lemonade (can be sf) to help with this.

Just thought I’d chime in. I happened to go to Dr. K’s zoom meeting last night. He suggested lemonade (can be sf) to help with this.
We’ve been getting that message since last summer and he’s seen 3 urologists since (cause of moving around). So I’ve been making him lemonade since.

Yes but… MrSue just pulled out of the driveway to go shopping, and Santa Cruz Lemonade…made with sugar…is the only one I want him to buy.

Unfortunately, fructose, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, concentrated fruit juice, mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol, maltitol, isomalt and others are potential triggers for IBS people…and they are in almost everything!!

Since I’m stuck at home I’m trying to get my friend to buy me this. I can take some sugar alcohols. My issue is magnesium. But the ingredients I read didn’t show it.

so far no luck in the supermarket.

Attachments

• D84CFBF0-01EB-4C2A-8665-318A3774DD7E.png
    D84CFBF0-01EB-4C2A-8665-318A3774DD7E.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 4
Yes but… MrSue just pulled out of the driveway to go shopping, and Santa Cruz Lemonade…made with sugar…is the only one I want him to buy.

Unfortunately, fructose, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, concentrated fruit juice, mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol, maltitol, isomalt and others are potential triggers for IBS people…and they are in almost everything!!
I can definitely see why you want to stay away from them!

Since I’m stuck at home I’m trying to get my friend to buy me this. I can take some sugar alcohols. My issue is magnesium. But the ingredients I read didn’t show it.

so far no luck in the supermarket.
I don't know if it's good for me, but I love this stuff. I get the zero sugar pink lemonade. It has helped me get my liquids in. Goes down better than water as a new DSer for some reason.

Latest posts

Back