Just came from my PCP

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
Collin is getting tonsils out next Thursday so the ENT required a presurgical physical on an otherwise healthy 19 year old, so I went along to finally get a Vitamin A injection and an opportunity to talk to my Doc about a couple things.

First, I had the 50,000 IU Vitamin A injection so I am very eager to see how it works. The Vitamin D injection I had back in August really bumped up my D readings so I am hoping this one does the same for my A. I have had to go from 100 K IU daily to 200 K IU daily over the last three months and it has barely moved the needle, with me still below range at 30 (was 26 3 months ago). Hopefully it works.

The syncope events I have been having after eating a large meal (happened again yesterday in movie theater after eating lunch) are a bit perplexing so I wanted to ask him about it. His feelings were that it doesn't sound like it is hypoglycemia because I am not having other symptoms, so his thought was that with the surgery on the stomach that maybe when I am full that a vasovagal response might be happening. The other thought was seizure but he said I would like have bit my tongue and wet my pants. I have done neither. His suggestion was to have my wife watch me and if I pass out to have her do a quick spot glucose check, just to verify it isn't glycemia.

Finally I asked about my difficulty urinating and he said it is possibly prostate (BPH) but that if it persists I should see a urologist to find out for sure.

I will let you all know how my Vit A readings are after this injection in case anyone else is having trouble keeping their A up. FYI - Without my insurance covering this 2ML vial of A (only need 1ML but they only sell in 2ML vials) would have been $1,300. Good lord I am in the wrong business. I am sure there isn't huge demand but $1,300?

I hope they get to the bottom of your "spells".

My son had a seizure disorder where he would just black out for 3 seconds and he has never wet his pants or bitten his tongue. I too have a mild seizure disorder and have "fainted" -- never wet my pants or bit my tongue. These are not tonic clonic seizures fka "grand mal" convulsions -- if what you are having are seizures, yours aren't tonic clonic either.

I hope they get to the bottom of your "spells".

My son had a seizure disorder where he would just black out for 3 seconds and he has never wet his pants or bitten his tongue. I too have a mild seizure disorder and have "fainted" -- never wet my pants or bit my tongue. These are not tonic clonic seizures fka "grand mal" convulsions -- if what you are having are seizures, yours aren't tonic clonic either.
yeah, not tonic clonic. I am not sure if you were on the board last year around this time when we we had to fly out to LA after Cameron was pulled of an American Flight (what a pathetic bunch American are...they gave us zero information after the face, didn't call us even though we are listed in his Advantage portfolio as emergency contacts, and had no records of anything) after seizing on his flight out to LA. He was taken to Centinella hospital just a few miles from LAX and had several hundred seizures over a 36 hour period. He was put on a breathing and feeding tube until they were finally controlled. They never did identify any cause. Tox screen was clean, EEG, MRI of the brain and every other test showed nothing. He is on a twice daily dose of Keppra now and has only had one minor episode since. So yes he had major tonic clonic seizure issues. He also had myoclonic seizures at times during his cancer treatment. If I am seizing it isn't tonic clonic.

I do tend to agree with my Doc that it is likely vagus nerve related and it is vasavagal syncope, but I will see what I can figure out if I can get the wife to watch me for an hour or two. LOL, I don't watch much TV unless it is sports so we aren't often in the same room that long at home but we will have to suffer through for the better good. :D

Thanks

Yeah we were at an indoor college track meet for our youngest son up in Chicago and after the meet I called out to the place Cameron was going because I hadn't heard from him for several hours. The lady said something about the driver who was picking him up was at the ER with him......having been told nothing that kind of blindsided us. I called the hospital and got hold of the ER attending and he told me what was going on. That the seizures had slowed and he should be fine so not to hop on a plane but check in the morning..... Well things were worse in the morning and he was in ICU.... We had an overnight bag but all of our clothes were at home back in the Peoria area 3 house south so luckily my dad and step mom were able to pack a bag for us and meet us at Collins college and then Collin took us to ohare. It was midnight by time we go to LA and the hospital. In the first ten minutes we were there he seized 3 or 4 times. Not a good site watching your child seizing wuth a tube down his throat keeping him breathing. The nurse told us that he hadn't seized for a few hours and she could tell that he knew we were there and we were probably exciting him.... So we decided it best to go to the hotel and let him rest. By about noon the next day the seizures finally slowed to the point where they could back on sedation and was alert. It was awful because he was trying to write and we couldn't make out anything he was trying to tell us and it was really frustrating him. Those were probably the worst days of my life, even worse than when he got his cancer diagnosis and when he had the pulmonary embolism and spent a week in ICU.

Hope this gets resolved real soon Scott. We're all SO ready for good things to start happening to you guys, and like you said, 2016's going to be your year.

I echo Robs thoughts. Hoping things turn around and go swimmingly for the rest of 2016. So sorry for all you are enduring!

Hope this gets resolved real soon Scott. We're all SO ready for good things to start happening to you guys, and like you said, 2016's going to be your year.
Thanks my friend I appreciate it. I will eventually get right, right? :D

I echo Robs thoughts. Hoping things turn around and go swimmingly for the rest of 2016. So sorry for all you are enduring!
Thanks Hilary and my exact sentiments to you. You are such a trooper with all you deal with. Get better soon dear!

Latest posts

Back