Hello from Greensboro

navygrrl

I have my first consult on May 23, and after reading several hundred pages worth of threads, both her and at other sites, I have decided to go with a DS. My surgeon will be Dr. Peter Ng with Rex Bariatrics, and he was on an older list I found of vetted surgeons (not sure how old the sheet is, as dsfacts no longer keeps a list. I will be a virgin DSer. I'm 47 and my highest weight (at least at last check) was 254, and my BMI sort of wavers between 39-41. I have severe obstructive sleep apnea with nocturnal hypoxia (O2 drops to 71 when I sleep). I also have high blood pressure and premature ventricular contractions.

I've tried so many things, as I'm sure all of you have. It's like I have all the parts of an IKEA bookshelf, but I'm missing that stupid silver thing to put it all together. I believe the DS is that stupid silver thing - the final tool I'll need. I know I will have to keep on top of my labs and my vitamins and that this is a choice for the rest of my life.

I was a bit torn between the LDS and the DS, but y'all have convinced me to choose the DS.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back