Just because it fits....

Where's my wet noodle so I can beat you with it? WHERE IS IT WRITTEN than a certain age requires black ugly clothes?
As they say in the UK, nothing worse than mutton dressed as lamb! I have very few occasions to really DRESS that I have to worry about. And thank heavens because I am poor at it!

UGH! I have such a hard time with this... The entire time I was young I was so fat that I wore anything black that would fit. I finally get a body that will fit in normal clothes and now I'm too old to wear any of them. So back to black ugly clothes....

Sometimes you just can't win!
I know exactly how you feel! I feel like when I'm finally thin I want to have a chance at the youth I missed out on. To be able to wear sexy clothes (occasionally) and to actually look and feel sexy in them would be so amazing. But, I guess I've pretty much missed the boat there. It is a bit sad, though. Not that I plan to wear ugly clothes, but still...

I know exactly how you feel! I feel like when I'm finally thin I want to have a chance at the youth I missed out on. To be able to wear sexy clothes (occasionally) and to actually look and feel sexy in them would be so amazing. But, I guess I've pretty much missed the boat there. It is a bit sad, though. Not that I plan to wear ugly clothes, but still...
Now I'll lecture you too! You can totally dress sexy, AT ANY AGE, without looking slutty. Look at Helen Mirrin (sp?), Jane Fonda, Sofia Loren, Tina Turner- they're in their 70s and damn sexy, but they know how to flatter their bodies without trying to look like a teenager

Now I'll lecture you too! You can totally dress sexy, AT ANY AGE, without looking slutty. Look at Helen Mirrin (sp?), Jane Fonda, Sofia Loren, Tina Turner- they're in their 70s and damn sexy, but they know how to flatter their bodies without trying to look like a teenager
True :). It will be a learning process though, I think. Lol...I'm thinking of my multiple boxes of too small clothing from different ages and sizes (some dreamed of, but never achieved). Some of it would be vintage now, although I bought it all new! But yeah, some of those clothes will definitely be too young for me now, and some just hopelessly out-dated, unfortunately.

So dress sexy and hot for your age! It's loads of fun.

@Elizabeth N. LOL! I was shopping and found a dress on clearance for a great price. As soon as I tried it on I heard you scream, "WTF were you thinking?!" Of course I have to imagine what your voice actually sounds like, but it was yours. It looked like something from the psychedelic 60's. I let the wave of nostalgia pass and put it back for someone who isn't in their 60's. Yet I didn't come home empty handed: I found a nice sweater by Jones New York. Oh, and got some colorful earrings so I can still enjoy some flash without making a fool of myself.

Seriously just three days ago I quit giving a poop about my bat wings. And worrying about a cardigan or wrap or does it have sleeves. DONE. Plus I'm almost fifty. So there. The filter is mostly gone too. Luckily I have no other issues with extra skin. Toning yes but extra no. And the boobs. Well. Nothing like a padded bra. I agree we can look classy sexy. My husband loves a classic white button down with a pair of jeans and heels. A skirt just above the knee with a sexy top that doesn't expose too much leaves for a better imagination anyhow.
Have fun girls at any age. And no judging here, wear what u want.

Latest posts

Back