Jumped over Osteopenia straight to Osteoporosis :(

Bagaof4

Just came home from Dexa Scan. Looks like I am at the low end of osteoporosis :(. Have a Reclast infusion scheduled for next week. I am shocked and a bit sad. I have always been 'big-boned' and athletic. Always OCD about my supplements and labs, so never thought I would be here. I know a big part is age, post menopause and genetics. Years of past smoking didn't help. Just Waaaahhhh!!!!

Just came home from Dexa Scan. Looks like I am at the low end of osteoporosis :(. Have a Reclast infusion scheduled for next week. I am shocked and a bit sad. I have always been 'big-boned' and athletic. Always OCD about my supplements and labs, so never thought I would be here. I know a big part is age, post menopause and genetics. Years of past smoking didn't help. Just Waaaahhhh!!!!
I am sorry to hear this.

However, as bad as I was told the Reclast could be, mine only made me feel "odd" for about 24 hours...mostly just a mild headache. Of course I was pro-active and took two tylenol just ahead of it.

I know everyone's experience is different, but wanted to post mine for reference. Had my Reclast infusion yesterday. Drank lots of water before, during and after, took two acetaminophen tabs half an hour before and 4 hours after. Have not had one single side-effect! :banana:

Only change is my weight has dipped to 115 :(. So much running around and started lifting weights at the gym. Holding and watching.....

Latest posts

Back