In Complete Shock!

TakeIII

Good Morning All,

I posted last week that I was experiencing roadblocks with regards to getting a revision from Lapband to DS.

I was in complete and utter shock when I opened my mail this morning and had a letter from my insurance company approving my surgry. The letter was dated one day after the surgeon's office sent my letter of medical necessity. To add to the shock, they are not requiring any pre-surgery medically supervised weight loss consulting or ANYTHING else!!

My surgery is scheduled for October 29th....Less than 3 weeks away!!

Now I am completely overwhelmed with everything that I need to plan and figure out. But, I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!

I'm sure I will have a million questions and hope to learn from all of you and your invaluable experience.

Tina

Congratulations Tina! And your date is almost here. That's great, less time for you to panic. Who will be your surgeon?

Good Morning All,

I posted last week that I was experiencing roadblocks with regards to getting a revision from Lapband to DS.

I was in complete and utter shock when I opened my mail this morning and had a letter from my insurance company approving my surgry. The letter was dated one day after the surgeon's office sent my letter of medical necessity. To add to the shock, they are not requiring any pre-surgery medically supervised weight loss consulting or ANYTHING else!!

My surgery is scheduled for October 29th....Less than 3 weeks away!!

Now I am completely overwhelmed with everything that I need to plan and figure out. But, I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!

I'm sure I will have a million questions and hope to learn from all of you and your invaluable experience.

Tina

So, so, cool, congratulations! Every once in a while good stuff just happens!

Congratulations Tina! And your date is almost here. That's great, less time for you to panic. Who will be your surgeon?
Thank you Larra!!

And thank you for pointing in the direction of this board (from OH) back in July.

My surgeon is Dr. Simper in Utah. I will be travelling from Denver. Unfortunately, there is no one in Denver doing the DS. However, it took me 3 consults with different doctors here in Denver to figure out that their claims that they were doing them were false (bait and switch). One doctor here does do the SADI, however his office wasn't even willing to request approval from my insurance company because they didn't find an issue with my band in the UGI. They told me they would never be able to get any procedure approved. A little part of me would like to personally deliver my approval letter to their office......and then thank them for being unwilling to even try. I would not have gotten the procedure I really wanted if they would have tried.

Tina, you will be in good hands with Dr. Simper. When the surgeon in Denver refused to help you it was a blessing in disguise. Sometimes things work out for the best.

Latest posts

Back