I have osteoperosis now

Looks like your bones don't agree with your dosages, despite your labs. Add the ones I mention, it's Gina's advice, which I've duly stolen. :)

How about load bearing exercise, can you do any of that?
I have to GET the ones I said "not yet"...dh has a vitalady order in the works but it will be a week or so before we get it.

As far as load bearing...a little but I have to be careful with any exercise OTHER than walking according to my spine surgeon. I'm still under his care. But I do walk.

It's also possible that my bones are just gonna do what they do...while there are many things we can do to change it, there are many things we can not and genetics is one of them.

It's 99% certain I'll have to have the 2nd Reclast infusion. Saw the endocrin. today. Blood, urine, etc., tests. Then Dexa scan in early June. Then Reclast. :(

It's 99% certain I'll have to have the 2nd Reclast infusion. Saw the endocrin. today. Blood, urine, etc., tests. Then Dexa scan in early June. Then Reclast. :(
I'm sorry...my PCP did say that the following infusions are less problematic compared to the initial one.

I have my jaw surgery the 16th, and I have an appt with him almost a week later. I figure we can get me scheduled at that appt for sometime in June.

Thanks. I have to believe what she says; that it'll be a whole lot easier than last time (flu-like symptoms wise). The endocrin. couldn't say my calcium wouldn't tank again. She expected it from the first one and I think she expects it again. Oh, well. Nothing I can do so I'll just do it! I'll let you all know if it goes better when I have the 2nd infusion it in a month or so.

Thanks. I have to believe what she says; that it'll be a whole lot easier than last time (flu-like symptoms wise). The endocrin. couldn't say my calcium wouldn't tank again. She expected it from the first one and I think she expects it again. Oh, well. Nothing I can do so I'll just do it! I'll let you all know if it goes better when I have the 2nd infusion it in a month or so.
Thanks, cause I suspect I will have a minimum of two before we can go for the big one...the one that actually BUILDS bone not just stop the current loss.

My mum - non WLS - has just been prescribed Fosamax and I'm damned if I will let her take it. She has been on Vit d3, Calcium, magnesium and K2 for 6 months now.
I was thinking of adding in strontium for her - any thoughts?

Liz - I meant to say sorry you are going through this. I take Mag oxide with each calcium to counter the constipation.

Thanks, cause I suspect I will have a minimum of two before we can go for the big one...the one that actually BUILDS bone not just stop the current loss.
Yes. She said generally likes at least 2 in a row and then you can generally skip it for a year or two. I then asked her, "After you skip a year or two, what is it like when you take the Reclast infusion again? Do you get those same side effects you had w/the first one?" She said, "No."

I take Boron 3mg, Mag. Citrate 500mg, Strongtium 300 mg. Vit K1 1,000mg, Vit K2 150 mcg. and Calcium 3,000 mg. This actually took my spine from osteoporosis to NORMAL. My femur, however, is still in osteopororis (need my femurs). Let me know if any of you think I'm too light on anything. Thanks for the Reclast feedback. Now I'm not so afraid of taking it, if the MD wants me to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back