i finally decided which one im going to have

Tattoomom

After doing some research on weight loss surgery and figure out what surgery was right for me i finally decided which one im going to have. At first i was going to pick gastric bypass surgery because my aunt had it done lose 160 lbs, but she told me bypass is not for everyone and since I have bigger bmi and weight over 500 lbs, She told i should do some research on Duodenal Switch. So i did my research on it and I said that's the surgery going to get my life back. So i hope soon or in future i will have surgery. Also any who DS surgery could you tell your experience with the surgery.

Before everyone else asks, you want to make sure you have the BEST possible DS surgeon you can get to, not a “beginner” who has never done a REAL DS and has experience only with the SADI.

Have you started THAT research yet?

Hi Tattoomom, like most of the folks here, I had the full traditional, two anastomoses Duodenal Switch (laparoscopic with 100 cm "cookie cutter" common channel) and my only regret is not having done it sooner. All the best!

I think the DS was the best decision I've ever made. It gave me my life back. It will do the same for you.

In terms of experience here is my super quick nutshell. Super scared before the surgery and had thoughts it would not work. Has surgery, first day was horrible, next few days not much better, back to human in a week or two. I got a little better every month, and felt normal again in about a year (some people are 6 months). All my weight was off in 18 months.

My life opened up in ways i had not even thought about. It's a great choice

Latest posts

Back