I’m back!!

Webmommy

So a lot has happened since I was here last. We moved from Fort Worth to Virginia Beach area to be closer to family. My mom wasn’t well. She was in the hospital once a month from July 2021 to her death December 2021. She was in rehab to gain her strength and they neglected her and failed to properly treat her congestive heart failure. Plus lied to my brother and me about the care she was getting. We were in there all the time but I have a lot of shoulda coulda wouldas about it all. It’s a mess and was devastating. I’m glad we got there and had time with her.

My brother has bought a new house with his new wife and they moved mom in with them (it was his wife’s idea) and then we also lived there until we closed on our new house. It was the first time we had lived under the same roof since my brother was a teenager. I know my mom was pleased with that. So I have been adjusting to living without her and having no parents at all. That’s been awful.

But watching her be so sick and seeing her autopsy report has made me so glad I had the DS. All her brothers had or have heart issues and congestive heart failure. Her father died young at 36 from a massive heart attack. Jim Crow was a big factor too because the white ambulance showed up but wouldn’t transport him to the white hospital nor to the “colored” hospital. So by the time the”colored” ambulance got there he was dead. My dad had diabetes and his brother had diabetes (my uncle died 9/21 too and we had just gotten back from his memorial and my mom went into the hospital again.) My brother has diabetes now too. He’s 46. These kind of genetics is hard to avoid but at least diabetes and high blood pressure isn’t a certainty.

We are doing okay. My weight has been okay. I seem to be having IBS diarrhea since my mom died and get diarrhea whenever I handle her estate, funeral, interment, visits to the lawyer, cry, or am feeling very sad and trying not to cry because it gives me diarrhea and then get it anyways! I have a medication for that too. Yet still have constipation. I got a new rare autoimmune disease called mastocytosis and am now taking a lot of medication for it! Way more than before the DS!! My GP is willing to do my bloodwork if I get my records sent to her but she wants me to see a bariatric surgeon to follow up with for maintaining my weight. So I am going to check him out.

Despite some of the losses, I’m so happy being near family and having support. We live in a great neighborhood and they are so friendly and neighborly. They have bbqs and Easter Egg hunts. My husband backed into the mailbox and was replacing it and a neighbor came by to help! My neighbor has chickens and has been giving eggs to me for next to nothing! One of the neighbor teenagers watches our kids when we go out on a date and I don’t trust anyone so that’s a big deal. My kids LOVE their uncle and auntie and their cousins. My husband and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary in August and we dropped our kids off at their house while we went out! We have a little community here and I am pretty grateful.

But I need to get back on the straight and narrow because I have been eating whatever I want and am 167 and at the end of the day it’s 170 and I don’t like those numbers! I need to be at 160 or less just because I like those numbers! Anyways, I’m glad to be back’

Last edited:
My little family in May and my son has grown exponentially since then. He’s over 6 ft.

Attachments

• 0D27CC9D-6FE0-4B67-827A-5BD1EE9541E4.jpeg
    0D27CC9D-6FE0-4B67-827A-5BD1EE9541E4.jpeg
    821.1 KB · Views: 17
My brother and his wife and my family.

Attachments

• 2BFEF92F-3ABC-4DA6-B8EE-8BCD4F0AF030.jpeg
    2BFEF92F-3ABC-4DA6-B8EE-8BCD4F0AF030.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
I am so sorry for the loss of your mother, and all the other trials you have been going through! I hope life will settle down for you now, and that you and your beautiful family continue to enjoy and thrive in your new location.

I am sorry for the loss of your mom. It’s hard being an orphan. At least you are near family. That counts for a lot.

Take care of yourself and glad you wandered back. Love the photos

So a lot has happened since I was here last. We moved from Fort Worth to Virginia Beach area to be closer to family. My mom wasn’t well. She was in the hospital once a month from July 2021 to her death December 2021. She was in rehab to gain her strength and they neglected her and failed to properly treat her congestive heart failure. Plus lied to my brother and me about the care she was getting. We were in there all the time but I have a lot of shoulda coulda wouldas about it all. It’s a mess and was devastating. I’m glad we got there and had time with her.

My brother has bought a new house with his new wife and they moved mom in with them (it was his wife’s idea) and then we also lived there until we closed on our new house. It was the first time we had lived under the same roof since my brother was a teenager. I know my mom was pleased with that. So I have been adjusting to living without her and having no parents at all. That’s been awful.

But watching her be so sick and seeing her autopsy report has made me so glad I had the DS. All her brothers had or have heart issues and congestive heart failure. Her father died young at 36 from a massive heart attack. Jim Crow was a big factor too because the white ambulance showed up but wouldn’t transport him to the white hospital nor to the “colored” hospital. So by the time the”colored” ambulance got there he was dead. My dad has diabetes and his brother had diabetes (my uncle died 9/21 too and we had just gotten back from his memorial and my mom went into the hospital again.) My brother has diabetes now too. He’s 46. These kind of genetics is hard to avoid but at least diabetes and high blood pressure isn’t a certainty.

We are doing okay. My weight has been okay. I seem to be having IBS diarrhea since my mom died and get diarrhea whenever I handle her estate, funeral, interment, visits to the lawyer, cry, or am feeling very sad and trying not to cry because it gives me diarrhea and then get it anyways! I have a medication for that too. Yet still have constipation. I got a new rare autoimmune disease called mastocytosis and am now taking a lot of medication for it! Way more than before the DS!! My GP is willing to do my bloodwork if I get my records sent to her but she wants me to see a bariatric surgeon to follow up with for maintaining my weight. So I am going to check him out.

Despite some of the losses, I’m so happy being near family and having support. We live in a great neighborhood and they are so friendly and neighborly. They have bbqs and Easter Egg hunts. My husband backed into the mailbox and was replacing it and a neighbor came by to help! My neighbor has chickens and has been giving eggs to me for next to nothing! One of the neighbor teenagers watches our kids when we go out on a date and I don’t trust anyone so that’s a big deal. My kids LOVE their uncle and auntie and their cousins. My husband and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary in August and we dropped our kids off at their house while we went out! We have a little community here and I am pretty grateful.

But I need to get back on the straight and narrow because I have been eating whatever I want and am 167 and at the end of the day it’s 170 and I don’t like those numbers! I need to be at 160 or less just because I like those numbers! Anyways, I’m glad to be back’
Welcome back. You’ve had a rough and busy time away, for sure. What a lovely family.
Susan

Welcome back Webmommy! What a beautiful family. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom and for the neglect she and her father both experienced at the hands of those who should have provided them with proper care. Glad you have supportive family and neighbors by you and are back on DSfacts.

welcome back and thank you for sharing photos of your lovely family.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mother, and to hear about the poor care she received.

:5grouphug:

I do therapy in "post acute" (nursing home) and it's heartbreaking how far our society is from providing what patients need.

These times have been rough but I know I did the right thing in having the DS. Everything just affirms that it was the best thing for me. I don’t ever want to go through what my mom did and I absolutely do not want my kids to have to watch me suffer like that either. Have not regretted it despite how “unique” it makes me with my other rare conditions. I’m also trying to get my brother to have the diversion part so he can reverse his diabetes. He might have to gain a couple pounds though.

We went to a wedding in one of the pictures above and my aunt was there asking my husband where was I!! I was RIGHT there!! That was funny. My uncle (my mom’s brother) said I look ten years younger and it’s not quite true because my neck looks every bit of 47! But I appreciate the compliments!

Thanks for the welcome back!!

You may have seen me in DS groups on the book of faces. I’m Tendai Phiri there.

These times have been rough but I know I did the right thing in having the DS. Everything just affirms that it was the best thing for me. I don’t ever want to go through what my mom did and I absolutely do not want my kids to have to watch me suffer like that either. Have not regretted it despite how “unique” it makes me with my other rare conditions. I’m also trying to get my brother to have the diversion part so he can reverse his diabetes. He might have to gain a couple pounds though.

We went to a wedding in one of the pictures above and my aunt was there asking my husband where was I!! I was RIGHT there!! That was funny. My uncle (my mom’s brother) said I look ten years younger and it’s not quite true because my neck looks every bit of 47! But I appreciate the compliments!

Looking at your husband and son, I wonder if you’ve ever felt like a human Xerox machine.

okay, so I’m not crazy about the food. (I’ve found an even MORE expensive source!) But for starters, go to Modify Health.com

It took two days to “cure” my IBS. If you decide to order, include the Nutritionist. It was $99 when I started, but appointments lasted almost an HOUR. And SO INFORMATIVE. Like, I now know I can eat FIVE almonds, but not 15. Somewhere around 7-8, I top out and get sick. And TIMING! It’s hard with a smaller DS stomach, but it you don’t give your gut about three hours between “servings” or meals, food starts to ferment, causing gas, bloating, etc.

I’ve never “finished” the program; we’ve had a few life crises around here, too. But now I have VERY GOOD clues. As to how to avoid things that make me sick.

And hey. Welcome back! You have been missed!

Latest posts

Back