hello

I just had a re-sleeve and DS. Had my original VSG back in 2010.
I'm only two weeks out though come Friday.

I absolutely would NOT get RNY.

Hello! I know you have posted somewhere else to me.....when you got your DS revision, they also did a resleeve? I am considering to just a re-sleeve if possible. I really think having a tighter sleeve would be sufficient for me but have not seen a lot of resleeve.....Thank you for any tips :)

Well, I want to thank you all. For all the advice and opening up it has helped me a lot. I spoke with my surgeon and he agrees we should do the re-sleeve to get it all back in order and then if need be we will look at the ds. So we shall see he is holding to get the surgery scheduled for January
Hello! I have been reading this thread although I know its been a while back! But I was curious is to how you are doing now! Did you have the re-sleeve or the full DS? How are you doing with your weight loss? I am basically in the same boat your were. I will have an upper GI this week and consult with doc next week to see what my sleeve looks like!
Thanks for any insight or help!

I hope you hear back from the original poster, but i just want to offer my opinion that the problem with the sleeve is that it leads to great weight loss but not good maintenance of that loss. If you are the type of person who has lossed and gained many times in your life and/or has a low metabolism, then you need the DS. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can get by with the sleeve again only to be disappointed several years down the road. The sleeve is a temporary fix but ultimately leaves you with a worse metabolism due to the 12 months+ of significant caloric restriction and then it will inevitably stretch and you are stuck either eating <1000 cals/day for life or regaining.

Of course if this is what you decide to do, all the best of luck and support for that, but it is worth some real introspection and consideration.

Latest posts

Back