Hello from Texas

Kelly S

So thankful I found this site. I am working my way through appeals with United Healthcare for a revision of RNY in 2006 due to stretched stoma and pouch.

Hi and welcome!

Dr. Ayoola in Denton, TX has begun doing RNY to DS revisions. I don't know how many he's done. He definitely has a good reputation for the DS, and it would be up to you to decide whether or not his RNY to DS revision experience is acceptable to you. But he's the closest to you for sure, no matter where in TX you are.

we are seeing more and more people all the time with failed RNY seeking revisions. Of course, the fact that RNY was done so much more than any other operation for so long has something to do with this, but also people are finally realizing that there is a significant failure rate for this operation (30% failure rate if you assume that "success" equals losing 50% of your excess weight, which isn't that great a result IMHO) and that revision is actually possible. So you are not alone, and hopefully more experienced Ds surgeons will take on these complex revisions in the future, but for now there are very few surgeons to chose from.

Hi there,
Welcome to the group. I revised from RNY to DS 2.5 years ago. I was not easy in the beginning for me but I am doing great and would do it again in a heartbeat. I traveled to Dr. Keshishian in Southern CA.
Best

Hello and welcome. I don't know a lot about the revision surgery, but I do know that there is some good information on this site to help you. Research, research, research.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and info. Dr. Warnock in Wichita Falls Texas did my 2nd revision surgery and has diagnosed me with the stretched pouch and stoma. however I did make a consult appt with Dr A . I am sure my adhesions are going to ba a nightmare with two open RNY's and a full abdominoplasty. I've spent hours and hours researching rebuttles to the insurances denial and the rate of failure and reasons for post ops who are 10+ years out who had long term success. I am finding it to be common for complications. The procedure has come a long way since I first had it in 2003.

Hello and welcome. I cant offer much advice on revisions, just wanted to welcome you and say hi. I'm from Texas also, outside the Houston area.

Latest posts

Back