Hello Everyone!!

Finding out in advance whether a prospective employer has insurance that covers bariatric surgery, much less revision bariatric surgery, is not easy. You don't want to signal that health insurance is an issue with you, especially before the offer. You have a right to ask, of course, but asking may be a turn-off before an offer. You're probably going to have to rely on the information you get from the careers page on their website, and then HR when you go in for an interview - which means going through the process. And not being too detailed in your questions until after the offer - at which point, you can ask for copies of the available medical, dental and vision benefits, "so you can compare with other offers."

Or you can ask someone you KNOW who works at the company.

Finding out in advance whether a prospective employer has insurance that covers bariatric surgery, much less revision bariatric surgery, is not easy. You don't want to signal that health insurance is an issue with you, especially before the offer. You have a right to ask, of course, but asking may be a turn-off before an offer. You're probably going to have to rely on the information you get from the careers page on their website, and then HR when you go in for an interview - which means going through the process. And not being too detailed in your questions until after the offer - at which point, you can ask for copies of the available medical, dental and vision benefits, "so you can compare with other offers."

Or you can ask someone you KNOW who works at the company.
Yes, thanks. That's pretty much what I have been doing. I guess I'm getting frustrated and impatient. Just wanted to see if anyone may have some instant gratification. Info, I guess. Tha sk for your input.

Yes, thanks. That's pretty much what I have been doing. I guess I'm getting frustrated and impatient. Just wanted to see if anyone may have some instant gratification. Info, I guess. Tha sk for your input.

So...if you're making ends meet on your current salary, and are ABLE to work two jobs, and find the (I think there is one) DS surgeon in Mexico who has a history of doing this revision well...I'd take the highest paying job I could find...and have a yard sale and turn in recyclable bottles.

Because...not all insurances cover a second bariatric surgery, even if they didn't pay or the first one, and many of those who do cover a second surgery will jerk you around demanding proof of trying to make diets/exercise the first surgery work. So...no immediate anything there.

But in that one year, even a part-time second job could provide a big chunk of the cost of surgery in Mexico.

So...if you're making ends meet on your current salary, and are ABLE to work two jobs, and find the (I think there is one) DS surgeon in Mexico who has a history of doing this revision well...I'd take the highest paying job I could find...and have a yard sale and turn in recyclable bottles.

Because...not all insurances cover a second bariatric surgery, even if they didn't pay or the first one, and many of those who do cover a second surgery will jerk you around demanding proof of trying to make diets/exercise the first surgery work. So...no immediate anything there.

But in that one year, even a part-time second job could provide a big chunk of the cost of surgery in Mexico.
Yes, u are right, I would do all of that, but there are no surgeons who do that type of revision.

What kind of revision? You didn't say. If it's RNY to DS, then you are correct. But - you don't want to go with cheap for RNY to DS - it is the hardest one.

Yes its Rny yo DS.
For a RNY to DS revision, you need to use one of the vetted RNY to DS revisions. http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/current-list-of-known-rny-or-lapband-to-ds-surgeons.1403/

And yes, it is an expensive operation as it involves undoing the RNY (putting the remnant stomach back together with the pouch recreating your original stomach and then creating the sleeve out of that) and then tackling the guts). Most virgin DS'ers are at minimum twice the time of the RNY and the revision can easily double that. Some can be the ONLY surgery a surgeon does that day.

We do know that a few on the liist of vetted surgeons for that operation have a cash price. The cheapest one is Dr. Greenbaum in NJ.

Latest posts

Back