Hello Everyone!!

Larissa

My name is Larissa. I have found this website while doing research online, in hopes of finding out a way to get Bariatric Surgery. I have health insurance through my employer, but it has a written exclusion to Weightloss programs and Bariatric Surgery. And of course being a single mother to an amazing lil 2 year old, I don't have savings to cover paying cash. I want this more than anything, I have to admit. The hopes of having surgery to help me drop my weight means I could possibly be more active in my sons life, and be around longer. I am currently 35 years old, and have always been over weight, I am currently 5'8" and about 353. I have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. It scares me that my son may never get to run outside with his mother. I have attempted to have my insurance verified for surgery, and of course they were told about the "written in exclusion. " I feel like I'm at a brick wall. But I admit I'm not giving up, and glad I found this forum. :)

Get a copy of your Evidence of Coverage document from your HR department and post it here - I'll review it. Find out if your plan is self-funded or fully funded, and disclose what state you're in. You may well have an ironclad exclusion, but DO NOT take your insurance company's word for it - they have been known to be lying liars.

Your choices if there is an exclusion include:
  • See if there are different plans with your current employer and change during open enrollment (which may be RIGHT THIS MINUTE)
  • Change jobs
  • Be in a domestic relationship of some sort with someone with better insurance
  • Self pay

Awesome, I will email my HR at work and see what information I can get and get it posted. Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :)

Welcome! Do what Diana says. Might work, might not, but you lose nothing by trying.

When I rule the world, these exclusions will be illegal...but you better have a Plan B, because I'm not there yet.

Welcome! You are in luck, because you found this place! These are some really, really experienced and smart people that will help you try to figure it out! Read everything you can get your hands on, there is SOO much to learn. You/We have some absolute experts on here, including answering insurance questions. Help yourself to help them help you and you will get through it, and find a way to make this happen. Desire is everything and you definetly sound like you have that! Good luck to you and welcome!!

Get a copy of your Evidence of Coverage document from your HR department and post it here - I'll review it. Find out if your plan is self-funded or fully funded, and disclose what state you're in. You may well have an ironclad exclusion, but DO NOT take your insurance company's word for it - they have been known to be lying liars.

Your choices if there is an exclusion include:
  • See if there are different plans with your current employer and change during open enrollment (which may be RIGHT THIS MINUTE)
  • Change jobs
  • Be in a domestic relationship of some sort with someone with better insurance
  • Self pay
I need your help. I need to find a couple of companies near DFW, TX that have insurance that will cover my revision to DS surgery. I am looking at getting a job with Amazon because I hear they have good benefits, but if 1 is not paying for surgery then I dont want it.

Latest posts

Back