Has anyone taken a 24 hour urine calcium test?

Mark, sounds like you need the shot.

Your D needs to be high end of normal. And since they've moved the high end from 50 to 100 in less than 10 years, it's like hitting a moving target.

OK. Should I maintain my new calcium intake of 3,000/day (1000 Jarrow and 2000 Cal citrate), or should I dial it back a bit?

Personally I am only taking a little over 1,000 a day of the Bone UP. The calcium really does seem to have bad effects on my gut, but my PTH went wrong way on last labs so maybe I need to take more...my calcium reading went up a bit. My damn A or D didn't jump like last time from injection and that has me very disheartened. My A actually dropped and is now back out of range. I am very confused..

Personally I am only taking a little over 1,000 a day of the Bone UP. The calcium really does seem to have bad effects on my gut, but my PTH went wrong way on last labs so maybe I need to take more...my calcium reading went up a bit. My damn A or D didn't jump like last time from injection and that has me very disheartened. My A actually dropped and is now back out of range. I am very confused..

The A not going up, even with an injection, is concerning. Hopefully, Dr. K will have some thoughts.

NO...either add more D or find a way to get the shot of D. You might also try spacing out the D.

Got it. Stay at 3,000 total calcium but increase the D and get an injection. I did move when I take things around after my last labs. I now take D at three different times during the day. I've also separated my Magnesium from Calcium and calcium from everything. We'll see how that turns out in two months.

Thanks to you and everyone for all of your guidance.

yeah it is concerning.. The D jumped about 10 points and he said he wasn't too concerned because it moved the right direction. I am just not sure why my body isn't absorbing it into the blood stream through injection or gut. I didn't have the A reading when I talked to him about the D so I will see what he says.

Latest posts

Back