Greetings!

Fireballsmile

Hi, took me a long time to build up the courage to join, and ultimately post my own thread, but now during my research I have a question I want to post at another forum topic... but I figured it was impolite to just show up without saying 'hello' first.

To all you lovely people who I feel like I already know, having read hours and hours of posts here, THANK YOU for all you do and have done here to educate and support.

I'll be around now, trying to apply the proper etiquette and info details to my posts!

You all have my utmost respect and appreciation.

See you around!
Nickie

About me:
12 years post-op RNY pursuing revision to DS; narrowed down to Greenbaum for several factors and considerations of the other vetted surgeons.
No surgery date yet.
Lightweight at 230

Welcome! There is so much good info here and I'm glad you're putting it to good use. Having a revision is tough, but at least you can see that you are by no means the only one. I hope you will be able to get your revision and reach your goals.

Welcome! There are great people here who care about others. A very supportive group who will give you brutal honesty at times (don't let that scare you) and the best possible bariatric medical advice from a group who lives the DS live every day.

Best of luck to you in your search. I am a Virgin DS so I can't give revision specific advise, but I can tell you from personal experience (from a guy who isn't his patient but he spent 45 minutes on the phone with me and sent over 10 emails over the last two weeks giving his advice on my son's condition) Dr Ara Kesishian is world renowned for his revision and general surgical skills and he is an exemplary member of our society as a whole. If I ever for any reason need a revision to my DS (it is possible that I could need my common channel lengthened) I will travel to Cali from Illinois to have him do the procedure.

again, welcome.

Thank you for everyone's warm welcome! I feel like I'm a part of something special here.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but is there a "how to" with tips on how to best use a post and address others? After all my reading, I glean that the "@" symbol before someone's name addresses them, yes? Is that just hard typed in?
I'm a social idiot online as I am not on anything to learn those tricks like FB or twitter - or anything :unsure:

If not, I'm sure I'll find my way around sooner or later.

Barbara, I'd like to chat! Hope I can find you on another thread.
Thanks
Nickie

Welcome! There are great people here who care about others. A very supportive group who will give you brutal honesty at times (don't let that scare you) and the best possible bariatric medical advice from a group who lives the DS live every day.

Best of luck to you in your search. I am a Virgin DS so I can't give revision specific advise, but I can tell you from personal experience (from a guy who isn't his patient but he spent 45 minutes on the phone with me and sent over 10 emails over the last two weeks giving his advice on my son's condition) Dr Ara Kesishian is world renowned for his revision and general surgical skills and he is an exemplary member of our society as a whole. If I ever for any reason need a revision to my DS (it is possible that I could need my common channel lengthened) I will travel to Cali from Illinois to have him do the procedure.

again, welcome.

This is encouraging to here, thank you DSRIGGS! I did consider Keshishian first as I'm confident with all the testimony like this, that he is amazing. I'm going with Greenbaum who has had many satisfied patients on this forum and who works very well with my insurance and travel access. I've also already exchanged a few emails with him and I have a call with him in the morning I'm very excited about.
Thank you again for the welcome!
Nickie

Thank you for everyone's warm welcome! I feel like I'm a part of something special here.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but is there a "how to" with tips on how to best use a post and address others? After all my reading, I glean that the "@" symbol before someone's name addresses them, yes? Is that just hard typed in?
I'm a social idiot online as I am not on anything to learn those tricks like FB or twitter - or anything :unsure:

If not, I'm sure I'll find my way around sooner or later.

Barbara, I'd like to chat! Hope I can find you on another thread.
Thanks
Nickie
Nickie, the way to tag people is to type the @ symbol followed by their user name (NO spaces) Once enough is typed, a dropdown of possibles will appear and you click on the one you want. So to tag you, I type @ followed by the Fireballsmile so that it LOOKS like one word. @Fireballsmile

Latest posts

Back