Enhanced Malabsorbtion and No Carbs

I'd be interested to know if you think they helped. Plus how much do you eat per day and what you're looking for ? ;)
Goal is weight loss. I have hernia surgery in about a year and I want to be a thin as possible because I think I meet the guidelines to get a panniculectomy at the same time! Fingers crossed!

I don't eat much. Today is coffee with cream and splenda and roast beef on a low carb wrap. Dinner is a steak and probably broccoli. That's it for the day unless I have a couple pieces of SF chocolate for dessert. That's a pretty normal day for me.

I didn't get a great DS! I had very little effortless weight loss and it was over and done in 6 weeks. Since then it has been the same old diet. Same old battle. The idea is for the gummy bears to kick up my malabsorbtion a bit and speed up my transit time. I want them to give me something more like a normal DS.

I got my Christmas present. If you are cold...you need one. Not stylish but so comfy and warm. Now you can laugh and picture me typing away wearing this. Complete with trap door!

https://www.foreverlazy.com/onesies-sweatshirt-purple.html
So funny story! I have a Stitch, Corgi, Shark, Unicorn, and Bat onesies! The Bat and Shark are super thick, the other ones are similar to yours. When it gets too cold, I put them on over my other clothes... :D I love mine! When my brother was visiting from out of town he saw my collection (they hang up in the basement when it's not cold out) and he asked if I was a Furry! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I almost died laughing. No, dear brother I'm not a Furry, I just like them to be warm in and they make great last minute costumes for Halloween! I was a Land Shark last year!:sneaky:

Because we love food too much we decided to invest in some low carb treats for part of our Christmas. Anything GOOD that's SF is usually just too expensive but we got or are getting a few things!

We already got the BBQ sauce and for SF is pretty darn good! I used it on chicken leg quarters. I seasoned them first with garlic, Worcestershire, pepper, and cumin. Then I brushed the sauce on them twice while cooking. They were actually worth eating. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0764NM152/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are coming today! Yeah, I know the low carb bread is a dicey proposition but Jeff really misses french toast. I am hoping it tastes good enough for that! I will keep it in the freezer and get out a couple slices at a time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G4I8WCE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s03?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GK65NJJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I have been staying busy painting and reading but exercise wise, I have been a real slug. Insert guilt here... There is yet another turkey in the fridge thawing. I will be cooking it later this week. Going to TRY a low carb dressing idea using...pork rinds. Maybe it will be gross but you never know!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Because we love food too much we decided to invest in some low carb treats for part of our Christmas. Anything GOOD that's SF is usually just too expensive but we got or are getting a few things!

We already got the BBQ sauce and for SF is pretty darn good! I used it on chicken leg quarters. I seasoned them first with garlic, Worcestershire, pepper, and cumin. Then I brushed the sauce on them twice while cooking. They were actually worth eating. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0764NM152/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are coming today! Yeah, I know the low carb bread is a dicey proposition but Jeff really misses french toast. I am hoping it tastes good enough for that! I will keep it in the freezer and get out a couple slices at a time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G4I8WCE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s03?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GK65NJJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I have been staying busy painting and reading but exercise wise, I have been a real slug. Insert guilt here... There is yet another turkey in the fridge thawing. I will be cooking it later this week. Going to TRY a low carb dressing idea using...pork rinds. Maybe it will be gross but you never know!

The BBQ sauce is great and they carry it at most Walmarts! (they hide it on the bottom shelf!) The syrup is extremely good too! My husband, who isn't low carb, didn't notice... I found a few low carb bread locally that aren't too bad, better for toast and cooking. :laugh:Enjoy!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
LizJ is right. The BBQ sauce is a hit. Trying french toast tomorrow. The bread by itself is NOT awful! I think it will make good FT.

Cooked yet another turkey. Maybe the 5th so far? Still have one in the freezer but it seems the prices have gone back up so may not have an opportunity to get more. We'll see.

This time my brain must have been engaged. Right now on my plate is a turkey thigh and low carb stuffing. Stuffing has always been my favorite part of the meal. Plain old poor man's bread stuffing. Well...I figured out how to make it low carb. The taste is perfect. The consistency is a bit off but acceptable. And Jeff likes it too!

Low Carb Stuffing

In a large saute pan.

1 stick butter
2lbs sliced mushrooms
4 ribs celery
1 medium onion.
2 bay leaves(take them out before you stuff the turkey), cracked pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning to taste.
1t chicken boullion powder
throw in the turkey neck and the chopped up gizzard and heart.

Cook till the meat is done. Take out the neck and take as much meat off as you can and add it to the stuffing. Turn off the heat.

Add about 6 cups of pork rinds. Stir. Stuff turkey!

Last edited:
Well, the end of turkey season is upon us. Went to Winco last night to get one more but couldn't find one worth buying. They looked like bags of bones. We asked and they won't be getting more. I still have 1 in the freezer so that will just have to do. Jeff says he thinks they will be reasonable for Easter/Passover.

The french toast was good. Low carb is a lot more fun if you can afford $10 loaves of fake bread/syrup, etc. The bread is in the freezer and we will take it out a slice at a time. It was fun to live large for a while but after Christmas it's back to cheap(sort of) low carb.

congrats on the low carb stuffing! can't believe it!

I was inspired by you and bought a turkey I'm going to make on Tuesday. it was 67 cents a pound, what do you think?

I originally was going to get a roast but the prices, ugh! I'm not a consistently competent cook so not going to pay that much for something I might wreck.

do you have any turkey advice? I'm going to get one of those bags to put it in and google, basically. should have a tons of leftover meat (well, 12 pounds less what I can eat on Christmas) and want to make soup out of the bones.
not sure what to do with those little organs, they kind of disgust me. :sick:

congrats on the low carb stuffing! can't believe it!

I was inspired by you and bought a turkey I'm going to make on Tuesday. it was 67 cents a pound, what do you think?

I originally was going to get a roast but the prices, ugh! I'm not a consistently competent cook so not going to pay that much for something I might wreck.

do you have any turkey advice? I'm going to get one of those bags to put it in and google, basically. should have a tons of leftover meat (well, 12 pounds less what I can eat on Christmas) and want to make soup out of the bones.
not sure what to do with those little organs, they kind of disgust me. :sick:
LOL, those organs cooked and chopped go great in gravy. But you can also give them to the dogs.

I can do a pork roast without even looking but I am over 64 years old and the ONLY way I can be successful at a beef roast is to use a rotisserie. I've had my Mother try to teach me, butchers, the best cooks, NOTHING. Mine always tastes like dry cardboard. Except for the rotisserie, that way works for me.

Latest posts

Back