DS journey update

Kassandra

Finally got a call today that my referral was approved to see Dr. Rabkin! Now it's just a waiting game for the actual paperwork to come in the mail so I can schedule my consult. The woman that called today assured me she sent in my authorization last week and said it generally takes 2 weeks for the mail paperwork to arrive. Once I complete my consult and do the required testing and physical then it's just a matter of how fast Kaiser moves in the final authorization for surgery. I'm sooooo excited!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I would be excited too!!!

Now, while you WAIT, don't twiddle your thumbs...read as much as you can, printing out parts you really need/want because it's almost 100% guarantee that afterwards, you will suffer from anesthesia brain where NOTHING you read is still up there and accessible. :)

I would be excited too!!!

Now, while you WAIT, don't twiddle your thumbs...read as much as you can, printing out parts you really need/want because it's almost 100% guarantee that afterwards, you will suffer from anesthesia brain where NOTHING you read is still up there and accessible. :)

Good advice @southernlady, Thanks!

Great! If they approved the consult they are almost certain to approve the surgery as well. Keep us posted as you move forward.

So much this!
After my surgery, I couldn't remember whether I needed calcium citrate or calcium carbonate. I remember looking at my bottle of Citrical and wondering if I bought the right stuff. I had surgery brain for about three weeks.

Scheduled my consult today for 10/20. I know that Dr. Rabkin will give me a barrage of tests/ labs to complete once I have my consult but since I have a bit of a wait before the consult date, are there any that are basic pre-surgery requirements for everyone. The woman I spoke to at his office said that definitely a chest x-ray, EKG and physical exam is what she knew of, but are there any others that will be mandatory requirements (not really worry about the blood tests as that is easy to complete), but more so things I might have to make an appt. for?

Have you already done a psych and NUT consult? Those were required for my insurance. I didn't have to do a sleep study but lots of people do. The rest of my tests were done at the hospital.

@newanatomy, yes I completed 2 psych evals, and have had regular phone meetings with a NP monthly. They haven't said anything about requiring speaking with a nutritionist, but I'll check if that is a possible mandatory requirement before proceeding. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back