Copper vs Zinc

Cara,

Believe me when I say this. Taking the vitamins is no big burden at all and it may sound like a huge volume of pills to you now but it really isn't. You take the pills over the course of the day, not all at once . It is however critical that a DS patient takes their required vitamins every day. It isn't optional.

Now you are early out and probably haven't started taking anything yet. You will add slowly.

200k IU of dry D3 (it must be dry because of our lack of fat absorption) is only 4 small capsules. The only tough thing size and volume wise is Calcium Citrate. Those mothers are horse pills and many of us need 8 a day of say the Costco brand. There are chews that some people take. I believe if not mistaken @Larra takes those and could tell you from where she gets them.

As Dianna posted, she only takes 500k IU of D3 a week as opposed to my 1.4mm. We all vary in how much we need and your labs will dictate that dosing requirement. Please note that I have poor absorption relative to others and even though it was greatly improved when Dr K revised me, I still have a lot of malabsorption. Diana is on one end of the spectrum of the spectrum when it comes to supplementation needs for the most part and I am on the other end.

The malabsorption and nutritional deficiency that I had and still have to an extent is why I preach so vigilantly for the Hess method to be used. If one's channels are too short it causes severe nutritional deficit. It put me in the hospital for a week with a 35 bpm resting heart rate and 70/40 BP before I realized how nutritionally deficient I was and adhered to supplementation schedule strictly and was eating 250 grams of protein daily.

Anyway there are lots of threads in the vitamins section talking about schedules. Vitalady has a daily recommended starter schedule as well on her site. Read them to see what you need to do.

Is there a typo somewhere??? Does this vitalady chick state a daily intake supplement of Vitamin D3 50,000 in DAILY??????? That seems like way way too much.
It's only too much if your labs say it is.

Mine tell me to take 50K M-F and 100K on S&S.

Cara, for reference this is what I am currently taking daily:
upload_2016-3-1_11-12-19.png

I take more of somethings and less of other things compared to others. I don't need Iron, Magnesium or Boron. Others do and as several of us have said your labs will dictate how much of each element you need.

I forgot to add folic acid to that table. The last couple months I have been taking in an attempt to get my H & H up and out of anemic range. I take one every morning and don't know the dosage off hand. My numbers for H & H did improve this month, as well as RBC slightly but both are still below range.

What kind of zinc are you taking? I switched to Zinc Picolinate and had better results with it. It also doesn't kill my stomach.

I keep my zinc separate of my copper as well and I take two doses of zinc a day (50mg each mid-morning/afternoon) and copper at night. I take my zinc with vitamin E and vitamin A as I'd read at some point vitamin E worked well with zinc.

I have tried the Picolinate, Chellated and the standard forms and none of them had any any better results than the other for me.

I usually take my zinc by itself an hour or two after taking my Multi, A, D, E and K but sometimes I take all of those together (I take that combo morning and evening).

I take the copper separate and my Cal Citrate separate (2-3 times a day depending).

Latest posts

Back