Complete Stomach Removal

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
So, don't freak out, this isn't about me, lol.

I have a friend who had the band and experienced complications, including esophagus erosion. She revised to a VSG and had issues with acid reflux/GERD so the surgeon recommended RNY. Now she has full on Barrett's after her RNY (she's a few years post op). I know I read many years ago on OH about a woman (maybe she is here, I dunno) who had her stomach totally removed but had DS guts as well.

Does anyone know what the hell I am talking about? LOL. I've googled for hours and can't find the posts (they are probably years and years old by now). I even did a search in medical journals and cannot find anything...maybe I'm not using the correct search terms, but my friend is pretty miserable with constant acid and pain.

Any ideas?

I recently had lunch with the person Donni is talking about and I have never met anyone want a DS more than her. She totally gets it and would rock a DS. I believe her surgeon is Patel but he point blank refused to just do the second part of DS from her sleeve and insisted on converting to pouch and RNY.

I recently had lunch with the person Donni is talking about and I have never met anyone want a DS more than her. She totally gets it and would rock a DS. I believe her surgeon is Patel but he point blank refused to just do the second part of DS from her sleeve.

He did flat out refuse because she had some kidney issues...but damn, if anyone deserves more help it is her. Love her to bits! If it wasn't for her and Miss R, I would be ruined and whiney! It was the day I met them they said NO! You need a DS, nothing else will do...and I never looked back!

I know there was a person on OH who's name was witchy something or another and she developed Gastroparesis after her DS and had her stomach removed. I would also do a search for Gastroparesis, as some who are severe get an RNY stomach and some eventually have to have complete stomach removal. That might give some ideas. I hope she gets some help and relief.

Latest posts

Back