Combo DS / bilateral adrenalectomy???

hilary1617

First time at the rodeo.
Hi,

My son is down the road to start his freshman year of college on Aug 24. So, it will have to wait, but unfortunately, he will need both a bilateral adrenalectomy and a DS next summer. He's had neurosurgery twice to remove ACTH-generating tumors causing Cushing's disease. His latest MRI is showing that a third tumor is starting to form and his labs and symptoms indicate his Cushing's is as florid as ever.

I'm hoping either Dr. Keshishian or Dr. Rabkin would be willing to do a combo procedure. The DS portion will likely need to be self-pay. Any advice as I start to head down this path?

Last edited:
You could email either or both of these fine surgeons to see what they could offer. It might be necessary to involve two surgeons, one for the DS and the other for the adrenal surgery, as I don't know if either of them does adrenalectomies. I'm also thinking that MAYBE, since the adrenal part should be covered by insurance, you would only need to pay the surgeon's fee for the DS as self pay, but I don't know for sure, of course.

You could email either or both of these fine surgeons to see what they could offer. It might be necessary to involve two surgeons, one for the DS and the other for the adrenal surgery, as I don't know if either of them does adrenalectomies. I'm also thinking that MAYBE, since the adrenal part should be covered by insurance, you would only need to pay the surgeon's fee for the DS as self pay, but I don't know for sure, of course.
Will go the email route - thanks!

Latest posts

Back