Anyone want to buy a Kidney????

Oh yes, "dieting" now just means I don't eat total garbage and avoid white carbs that otherwise have nothing to offer nutritionally. Even my lowest calorie days now I consume several thousand calories, and lose weight.

I just feel I have to give it all I've got. I'm a heavy weight AND a 2 parter.....so whilst its a marathon, I have to sprint for a while to catch up. I'm feeling a bit defeated in the area of weight loss. Only lost 1lb since before may 24th. I thought it would be a bit faster for a while. I only got 6 months at most of honeymoon with my sleeve and the DS is turning out to be exactly the same. I know others don't have to work as hard, but I've accepted that my journey is a bit more work than others.

Roo, I totally understand what you MEANT to say. But most of us here have extra sensitive antennae when it comes to buzz phrases about the "dieting" mentality we all need to shed post-DS. That's the reason for the saying that this surgery can sometimes be a mind f***. And also that they operate on our guts, not our heads. And that counseling is often times in order post-op. I went to a talky doctor, it helped immensely. Literally got validated and moved on. Felt like my labradear Sadie when she gets done taking a huge therapeutic poop, then kicks some major grass over that shit and walks away. Done, over with.

We all have some head issues to work through, ingrained from our own personal upbringing and family issues. Some of us have more baggage than others. The childhood forced dieting by our mothers and doctors, the fat shaming poetry at OA meetings, the public weigh-ins at Weight Watchers, the bad dieticians who looked down their skinny noses.

I think you've got a good handle on things. Keep up the good work, and keep posting updates. I love reading you.

Roo, I can totally sympathize with the slow weight loss and the aim to reach goal. I lost 34 pounds my surgery month, every month since has been just over 9 pounds. It is difficult to watch lots of other people average 20 pounds loss per month. Not only that, I have about 70 pounds left to lose to make goal. If I continue to lose only 2 pounds per week, I will have to work very hard because of inevitable stalls, to make it to goal before my "honeymoon" phase ends. This is a marathon, one in which we must always keep the end in our mind.

We can do this.

It took me two years and two months to lose 100% of my excess weight. The loss averaged out to.....guess what?.....two pounds per week.

Slow and steady can indeed win the race.

Inhale. Exhale.

My super strict crash diet lasted....a few hours lol. I got ahold of myself and realised what was happening. The number on the scale does not always reflect effort...its is data reflecting my relationship with gravity and shouldn't have such a mental hold on me.

I'm letting go. Protein in. Vits in. Water in. What will be, will be :)

zenkitty.jpg

how often are you weighting, Roo? can you try less often? (if not, you are not unusual)
I was serious when I said you are already a success.
wisest thing I've ever posted! ;)

how often are you weighting, Roo? can you try less often? (if not, you are not unusual)
I was serious when I said you are already a success.
wisest thing I've ever posted! ;)

Im not weighing much.....starting now ;) lol. It was a couple times a day tbh :( Old habits die hard! Thank you guys for breaking out the whoop ass. I just need to relax and not try to be such a black/white perfectionist!!!

ps-I don't feel like a success!!!!!! not even a little bit!

@newanatomy -- isn't the "honeymoon period often thought to be a year? If you lose 10lbs a month for the next 7 months (mid June to mid Jan '15), then you have lost all of the 70 you are targeting, right? You can for sure do it! And besides, who's to say your honeymoon period won't be longer than 1 year, anyhow? I'm betting both of you can do it!

Of course, I am factoring in stalls too.

Latest posts

Back