Anyone know how to create a resume?

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
For someone who has been out of work for decades? My husband suggested I focus on building this forum but I’ve no clue how to start anymore.

We are on limited income which will become more limited next March. My husband hasn’t reached full retirement yet, he’s a little over 2 years away. I, however, am at full retirement and can work full time. I want to work from home, obviously. I plan to work until he reaches full retirement to add the 1/3 of our income we will be losing in March 2025.

So if anyone can help, let me know.

Liz, I got great info for both resumes and interviews from my local Worksource and every state has a Worksource so check out your local office. You don't need to be on unemployment to get help from them.

ours has a computer lab you can come in and use to job search, practice on word and excel, print things, even use a private place to hold a virtual interview if you need to.

work from home jobs are very popular so you will have a lot of competition.

youtube playlist on resume writing that is from this place

there is a lot of good info on places like Indeed and Linked in.

check out The Muse articles - they have a lot of good ones.

@hilary1617 and @JackieOnLine thanks, most suggest not going further back than 10-15 years. Well, 10 years I started this forum. 15 years ago, I was running an online scrapbooking business. But proof of that will be hard to come by now. I sold it off about a year before starting this forum.

most suggest not going further back than 10-15 years

the rules are generic and not always right. I've been talking to recruiters for the State of Oregon and they are appalled people are being taught resumes should be 1 to 2 pages max, even though I'm sure they are right for the majority of jobs. But for my state, anyway, they want to have whatever info you have (no matter how old) as long as it demonstrates how you can meet their requirements.

my point is, know your audience

Maybe approach with a CV instead of a resume and cover your entire employment history including the business of scrapbooking and this site?

Latest posts

Back