Anybody know Dr. Margaret Innman?

Autumn Fire

Does anybody here have experience with St Vincent Hospital in Carmel Indiana where Dr. Margaret Innman does WLS including lap band to DS revision? I've been to the free info session from the hospital but I'd like to hear about actual patient experiences. Any input would be appreciated!

I have no personal experience with her, but she's been well known in the DS community for years and has an excellent reputation.

And btw Hi and welcome!

Does anybody here have experience with St Vincent Hospital in Carmel Indiana where Dr. Margaret Innman does WLS including lap band to DS revision? I've been to the free info session from the hospital but I'd like to hear about actual patient experiences. Any input would be appreciated!
HI! She was not my surgeon either, but I have read of her on DS boards for years, and read posts from many of her patients as well, and would not hesitate for one second to go to her for a DS.

Hi! Dr Inman was my surgeon for a revision to DS seven years ago. She did my first surgery, SRVG, and when I knew I needed a revision, I had no qualms about going back to her. She is an amazing surgeon and knows her stuff. I had some serious complications that left me in the hospital for 6 weeks and on TPM for 6 months. She was right there with me the entire time. Her bedside manner is a little brusk, but she cares. She will take all the time in the world with you as long as you ask questions. Like most surgeons, her after care is good but don't listen to the staff for nutrition/diet info. There is a DS support group at St. V's and you can meet many of her successful patients there. I believe there is one this coming Tuesday.

I am now in Hawaii and am trying to find a doc here that is willing to learn about the DS. Good luck, and you will be in great hands with Dr. Inman!

Hi and Welcome! Dr. Inman was my surgeon, she did my Lap Band to DS Revision 8 months ago today. I traveled from Ohio to have her as my surgeon and I had my surgery at St. Vincents. She is a great surgeon and really takes her time with you before surgery and after. I saw her everyday that I was in the hospital and I was there about 4-5 days, no complications. I agree with LyndialnHI that her staff and nutritionist are not the best for information after surgery, but that is pretty typical for the DS. I would say you can not go wrong with her as your surgeon.

Thank you so much for responding. Nice to know that over the long term Dr. Innman has maintained a good rep. I've heard she's a straight shooter and can be brusk. I have mixed feelings about that. Generally I work well with straight and to the point but when I am ill or like when I had my band done it surprises me how much I respond to the act of caring. I don't want to have my guts rearranged and have to worry that my doc isn't going to take the time to listen to me especially if I have a complication. I won't really know until I meet her though. I live a couple hours away from St. Vincent's and work until at least 5 but I will plan on going to some of the DS specific group meetings. The one here in Terre haute and Brazil are general WLS support groups. Thanks again for the info and warm welcome.

Autumn Fire do not worry about Dr. Inman taking the time to listen to you, She will. I have never had a problem with her listening, taking care of me or doing what was needed and the Staff on the bariatric floor of St. Vincents is top notch, very caring and nice and helpful. Dr. Inman is a straight shooter, but she listens to you and will help find answers if she doesnt already have them. I have called her office from Ohio and she makes sure they get back to me the same day and take care of what I need, even if it is something as simple as changing up my acid reflux pill right after surgery to calling in nausea meds when I was having some nausea after eating regular foods.

Hi and Welcome! Dr. Inman was my surgeon, she did my Lap Band to DS Revision 8 months ago today. I traveled from Ohio to have her as my surgeon and I had my surgery at St. Vincents. She is a great surgeon and really takes her time with you before surgery and after. I saw her everyday that I was in the hospital and I was there about 4-5 days, no complications. I agree with LyndialnHI that her staff and nutritionist are not the best for information after surgery, but that is pretty typical for the DS. I would say you can not go wrong with her as your surgeon.

How has the 1st 8 mo been? I had my band removed 4 yrs ago due to infection and never thought I'd consider WLS again but I'm heavier than I've ever been and now I have Hypertension, high cholesterol, and slightly elevated blood sugars but not diabetic yet. Are you able to keep up with the nutritional requirements and how much $ is involved in the supplements a month. I've seen some posts talking about the cost but no actual numbers. Thanks for sharing your story.

How has the 1st 8 mo been? I had my band removed 4 yrs ago due to infection and never thought I'd consider WLS again but I'm heavier than I've ever been and now I have Hypertension, high cholesterol, and slightly elevated blood sugars but not diabetic yet. Are you able to keep up with the nutritional requirements and how much $ is involved in the supplements a month. I've seen some posts talking about the cost but no actual numbers. Thanks for sharing your story.
The reason for no actual costs is each of us has a different figure...we are ALL over the place. A LOT of it is that we each take according to our own particular labs.
Example. I have to take 2 K's each day, my husband, also a DS'er takes K only 5 days of the week and only one those days. I take a mix of iron, he takes just one kind. His D does fine on 1 D3 each day...I have to add extra. I don't take B12, he does. We can tell you ABOUT what we spend if we average out our monthly costs but we order bottles, not the VL prepacks and bottles last varying times. Some last a month, some 3 months.

Autumn Fire, the first 8 months have been pretty good. At the start right after surgery I had some issues with my tummy not liking the powder protein, so I switched to the ready to drink Premier Protein and some minor nausea with eating, but all is well now. SouthernLady is right about costs of vitamins will vary depending on our labs, as we can need more or less or add in some vitamins based on what they say. In the beginning before my first labs I followed Vitalady's schedule but bought the bottles my self and that cost me on average about $120 or so a month for the first 3 months, now I go based off my labs, so my costs will change. My type 2 diabetes has resolved itself with the DS and I no longer take medication for that, I am off all meds except my vitamins, thyroid, acid reflux and cholesterol, but my cholesterol we believe is due to genetics, so I still take medication for that, I have lost 133lbs in the 8 months, I am a heavyweight and a revision and shorter and in my early 40's so I feel good with the number.

Dr. Inman did my DS 4 1/2 months ago. She is an awesome surgeon. I had a laundry list of questions and she answered every single one of them without hesitation or irritation. I had surgery on a Thursday morning and wasn't released until Monday. She came in everyday. About 3 weeks out I had a spot in my stomach that had narrowed when it healed. I called in the morning and they had me in that same afternoon for tests. It had to be dialated, Dr. Inman was out of the country, so Dr. Cacucci did this procedure. She was great as well. I was also pleasantly surprised that at my 4 month checkup the NUT actually seemed to understand the DS. When I told her I thought I may be needing more fat she wasn't shocked at all and actually was suggesting ways to get more fat.

Edited to add: I have lost over 60 lbs. I am 46 years old. Dr. Inman took me off of my prediabetes meds before the surgery. She took me off of my high cholesterol meds before leaving the hospital. Two months ago my PCP took me off of my high blood pressure meds. Now my bp is usually around 117 over 60.

Latest posts

Back